Cold/flu: power through?

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cold/flu: power through?

So this is the third time this season I've been sick (2 colds, 1 flu)- even worse, it's cost me days that turned out to be some of the best in this generally lousy season. How bad do you have to feel not to go? Do you factor in drive time & whether you're with someone? Other factors?
    What's the worst you ever felt & still went? Thoughts?

Last edited by legalskier; Feb 13, 2019 at 11:47 AM.
    If it's snowin' I'm goin'

Quote Originally Posted by legalskier View Post
    So this is the third time this season I've been sick (2 colds, 1 flu)- even worse, it's cost me days that turned out to be some of the best in this generally lousy season. How bad do you have to feel not to go? Do you factor in drive time & whether you're with someone? Other factors?
    Thoughts?
    Well, one concern I would have is the drive home. Will you be driving? Will you be awake?

If I had a hotel, or it was close drive, and it's a cold, I would power through. Flu is tough - kind of either you can or you can't, you know?

Unless I was uncontrollably puking or Hershey squirting I wouldn't miss a good day because of cold/flu. If MJ can drop 38 on the Jazz with the Flu, I can ride a lift for a day.

Did a Sugarloaf trip after they’d gotten feet of snow and I was full on sick as a dog. It was worth it. What troubles me is someone sharing a car or hotel room with me and catching what I’ve got.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Quote Originally Posted by NY DirtBag View Post
    Unless I was uncontrollably puking or Hershey squirting I wouldn't miss a good day because of cold/flu.
    But if you got lost in the bc it makes it easy to track you!
    Last edited by legalskier; Feb 13, 2019 at 2:33 PM.
    If it's snowin' I'm goin'

I've been sick twice this season. I am a firm believer in the healing power of fresh air and getting the blood flowing. It works most of the time. If I am getting worse, I'll call it and head home. But I go on out there and do it!
    lovin life,

Bob

My wife and I got sick from some jackass hacking up a lung behind us on a packed ski bus. I'm still angry about it.

of course you go!

http://www.coldeeze.com/

My last cold came with vertigo so fortunately I was not planning on skiing . I was down for 2 days pretty much got dizzy every time I stood up. My family was sick much longer than I was . I am a believer in the stuff .
    "Make Greenland Green again"

I had the stomach flu so bad in Utah once that I cancelled the day of cat skiing that my wife had gotten me as a Christmas gift that year!! Ended up in the walk in clinic needing 3 bags of IV fluid and a bunch of compazine (makes you stop vomiting) later on the same evening after I cancelled my cat skiing day!

No way I was going out the next day from that episode!! Just getting out of bed that next morning was a mega ordeal!

During more "normal" cold/flu episodes, depends for me on how reasonable vs bad I feel, what the weather/snow is like that day, and have I been feeling "better" or "worse" in the prior 12hrs or so. That's my criteria for skiing through a cold/flu

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

Thread Information