Sugarbush (south) 2.13.19

AlpineZone

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    Sugarbush (south) 2.13.19

    Fantastic day at the bush!

    Mid mountain to lower has the best snow, Gad peak glades were fantastic and well covered.

    Paradise, is, well, Paradise, and glades are always great regardless of conditions! But - you will have to get through the upper steeps with some sketchy spots. 1/3 down it gets better.

    Woods off Castlerock (skiers left) were pretty sweet, fresh lines in the am.

    Overall, Sugarbush needed snow pretty bad. They got it. There are spots that are thin, there are ice spots, but once things get groomed up I think it will be pretty damn good.

    Trust me, things are not perfect, but compared to the season we've had, this was a great day.

  2. #2
    WWF-VT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    MA & Fayston, VT
    Posts
    2,436
    Quote Originally Posted by pauldotcom View Post

    Trust me, things are not perfect, but compared to the season we've had, this was a great day.
    Glad you had a good day today. Not sure what you mean by "compared to the season we've had". I have skied 25 days so far this season at Sugarbush with many powder days already in the mix.

  3. #3
    so how many inches did they get out of this one?
    gladerider

  4. #4
    you have your news skis today? how were they?
    shit happens, wear a helmet.

    2018/19
    Breck - 12/2 12/22 12/23 1/5 1/6 2/9 3/10
    Taos - 1/26
    Keystone - 2/24
    Crested Butte - 3/25 3/26 3/27

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by WWF-VT View Post
    I have skied 25 days so far this season at Sugarbush with many powder days already in the mix.
    I am a teacher and can't escape mid week unless we have power days. Also, Sugarbush is about 3 hours from my house - I'm normally a southern VT guy (and it's been trash).

    New skis arrive today - so I used my S3's - and they were still fantastic.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcunni View Post
    you have your news skis today? how were they?
    Took the new skis out today at Mount Snow - conditions were really good. Tested them on hardpack, ice, bumps, soft snow, glades, super steep glades (Ripcord glades), and they meet my expectations every time. Very good, capable ski but also fun. I skied the Bush with my S3's - and felt like it wasn't enough ski. I think the Rustler 10's will be my everyday ski and maybe find something for the days the ice calls.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by pauldotcom View Post
    Took the new skis out today at Mount Snow - conditions were really good. Tested them on hardpack, ice, bumps, soft snow, glades, super steep glades (Ripcord glades), and they meet my expectations every time. Very good, capable ski but also fun. I skied the Bush with my S3's - and felt like it wasn't enough ski. I think the Rustler 10's will be my everyday ski and maybe find something for the days the ice calls.
    Nice. i'm starting to get the itch for new skis and the Rustler 10 is high on the list.

    shit happens, wear a helmet.

    2018/19
    Breck - 12/2 12/22 12/23 1/5 1/6 2/9 3/10
    Taos - 1/26
    Keystone - 2/24
    Crested Butte - 3/25 3/26 3/27

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 6:38 PM.