• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Busiest Peak Days and Holiday Days upcoming NH/VT/ME (Feb 15th onward)

slatham

From a SoVT perspective I have found the mid week of Presidents week, even at Mt Snow, to be reasonable, equivalent to a normal Saturday, sometimes not even that busy. Head to a non “resort” (Bromley, Magic) and it won’t even be as busy as a weekend day. This is because not everyone has the full week off from school, unlike Christmas.

Looks like VT school break is 2/24 to 3/2, at least Jay Peak is reporting that.
So during the next 2 weeks it should be more crowded than either before or after, logically.

I hear what you are saying about non-resort resorts.
Which non-resorts could be immune to the crowding expected at the bigger resorts?
And, if closer to Manchester (1-2 hours) it's a plus.
I guess I can just stick to Cannon on weekdays?

Next 2 weeks:

Somewhat Immune?
Bromley
Magic
Wildcat (?)
Attitash(?)

Thanks all.

slatham

Looks like VT school break is 2/24 to 3/2, at least Jay Peak is reporting that.
So during the next 2 weeks it should be more crowded than either before or after, logically.

I hear what you are saying about non-resort resorts.
Which non-resorts could be immune to the crowding expected at the bigger resorts?
And, if closer to Manchester (1-2 hours) it's a plus.
I guess I can just stick to Cannon on weekdays?

Next 2 weeks:

Somewhat Immune?
Bromley
Magic
Wildcat (?)
Attitash(?)

Thanks all.

Pico
Mt Ellen
Burke?

Smellytele

Well after skiing the last 2 days. People seem to be coming to ski areas to hang in the lodge. No long lines at Cannon nor at Pats Peak today but parking lots were zoos as were the lodges and then the first 15 -20 feet out of the lodge near the ski racks.

That's nice to know~

I want to go tomorrow, but can't / might brave the crowds and go on sat/sun staying overnight on Saturday.
Looking for somewhere cheap near Cannon. Littleton/Franconia/Lincoln/Woodstock..surprise, most places around $100 are full...

Last edited:

chuckstah

That's nice to know~

I want to go tomorrow, but can't / might brave the crowds and go on sat/sun staying overnight on Saturday.
Looking for somewhere cheap near Cannon. Littleton/Franconia/Lincoln/Woodstock..surprise, most places around $100 are full...
If you don't mind sharing.. ..

https://notchhostel.com

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk