• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunday Options

Zand

Heading to Sugarloaf and/or SR Monday and Tuesday. If it doesn't end up raining that far north tomorrow I was going to throw in Sunday as well. With Ikon Base blacked out, I was looking at cheaper nearby options. Was thinking Mt Abram or Black (of ME). Any intel on either of those? Was also considering Ragged but doesn't seem like they have as many glades open. I know Black and Abram both have some woods but otherwise I know absolutely nothing about them.

skiur

I always had fun at shawnee peak, I think its the best of the small mountains in the area.

Zand

Looks like they're only 75% open and $30 more for a day ticket. Would consider that too otherwise.

soposkier

I like them both, I would give the edge to Black Mtn because of the glades and the runs feel slightly longer/more sustained. Abrams does have some good steep stuff on the skiers right side if conditions are good. Price can't be beat at either. Can't speak to current conditions.

Hopefully the precip/warmup on Friday doesn't do too much damage. Black is slightly further north so maybe they'll have a chance of doing better.

(To be fair to Shawnee Peak, they are only 75% open because they don't run the east side chair on weekdays.)

Jully

Agreed on Black. Abram is good, but Black is better IMO
It should be great after the snow too.