Plattekill or Hunter tomorrow 2/15

AlpineZone

Plattekill or Hunter tomorrow 2/15

Plattekill is reporting 100% open. 6-7" from Tuesday, though I'm sure there was some rain in there too. Hunter is probably safer condition wise.

Which would you think would be a better day. It's the only day I'll get out this weekend.

I suppose it depends on your definition of "safer". Personally I'd prefer thin cover at Platty to hard-packed man-made at Hunter. (Note, I'm not saying Platty would be thin cover, but even if it was, that's still what I'd prefer). So yea, my vote is for Platty.

Belleayre received freezing rain over the 5” they got Tuesday. Frozen over, all the bumps closed on Wednesday. Tuesday was fun though. I would assume Platty also got the freezing rain. My wife was at bell yesterday and said the groomers were great. She went to hunter today and said it was much firmer.

The groomers at platty will probably be great. Supposed to be warm tomorrow so will the natural snow trails soften and ski nice or be heavy and sticky?

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    I suppose it depends on your definition of "safer". Personally I'd prefer thin cover at Platty to hard-packed man-made at Hunter. (Note, I'm not saying Platty would be thin cover, but even if it was, that's still what I'd prefer). So yea, my vote is for Platty.

Expect major crowds at Hunter. I would think both areas would be skied off by 11. Hunter is expecting rain today then dropping to the high teens tonight....

All will be firm. Hunter will be crowded. Lots of pre-sales tickets already. I would go to Platty

_______ or Hunter.....on a holiday weekend?

I choose ________

The backside will be empty however, have not waited all year.

Thread Information