• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Current Quiver......

Ol Dirty Noodle

‘16 Rossi HP Pursuit Ti @ 177, fun hard charger but they take some persuasion to be playful. Looking to add Head Kore 93s probably before the season is out.

Kleetus

‘16 Rossi HP Pursuit Ti @ 177, fun hard charger but they take some persuasion to be playful. Looking to add Head Kore 93s probably before the season is out.

I went from Rossi Expeirence 88's to Head Kore 93's. Demo'd them out in CO in Dec, then bought a pair and been skiing them since MLK weekend. I love them. Low swing weight, great edge hold on ice and hardpack, float just enough for most East Coast Pow days (they did well in 22" in the trees at Gore on MLK Sunday).

Nimble enough for bumps and trees with just enough stiffness for the groomers and blasting through crud/chowder. I also tried the Nordica Enforcer 93's when I was in CO, was slightly better on the groomers, but heavy and not as at home in the bumps or trees. I feel the 93 width is perfect for the East Coast with the exception of a few monster dump days.

Ol Dirty Noodle

I went from Rossi Expeirence 88's to Head Kore 93's. Demo'd them out in CO in Dec, then bought a pair and been skiing them since MLK weekend. I love them. Low swing weight, great edge hold on ice and hardpack, float just enough for most East Coast Pow days (they did well in 22" in the trees at Gore on MLK Sunday).

Nimble enough for bumps and trees with just enough stiffness for the groomers and blasting through crud/chowder. I also tried the Nordica Enforcer 93's when I was in CO, was slightly better on the groomers, but heavy and not as at home in the bumps or trees. I feel the 93 width is perfect for the East Coast with the exception of a few monster dump days.

That’s Pretty much echoing everyone else’s opinions on them which is why I don’t feel the need to demo them before purchase. The Rossis are still in great shape so I’ll be hanging on to them for a few years as well.

machski

Everyday/Powder: K2 Pinnacle 95s (2017). Great mix of edge hold and float with good amount of rocker.

Hard snow days/spring bumps: K2 Charger 74 under foot. Carves like a hot knife through butter, slight rocker and has just enough give to make bumps fun with quick edges. Have used in thin powder too.

Skin Days:. K2 Hardsides 98 under foot. Currently older but only ski setup for skinning right now, so tend to always carry with only potential wind days. Was a great Pow ski for me, but the Pinnacle eclipsed it for that.

Currently waiting for Mount to join: K2 Mindbender 99s. Getting great reviews and K2 actually released three of the six in series ahead of next winter. Planning on bringing to Utah, will report back.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

Jully

Currently waiting for Mount to join: K2 Mindbender 99s. Getting great reviews and K2 actually released three of the six in series ahead of next winter. Planning on bringing to Utah, will report back.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

Excited to hear your thoughts on those. Though I am quickly filling up on the mid 90s skis.

My current setup is:
- Redster SLs for truly groomer only days
- Kastle FX94s as the main daily driver
- some very beat up Volkl Kinks for rock skis
- Cham HM 107s with shift bindings for deeper pow/skinning

Skied the ARV 96 with and without metal and loved both this year. Tempted to buy the non metal version as sales start to happen despite it somewhat conflicting with the FX94s. I love the way a twin tip feels and was impressed with its feel on harder snow.

Jersey Skier

Hard snow days: Stockli Laser AX78
Soft snow days: Fischer Motive Pro 95
Powder days: Stockli Stormrider 107

kingslug

Awesome..just what i need..want to replace my old Sultan 85s and these sound like they would be it
Daily drive Wagner 105's.
Big Bazookas. Head kore 117

Ol Dirty Noodle

Awesome..just what i need..want to replace my old Sultan 85s and these sound like they would be it
Daily drive Wagner 105's.
Big Bazookas. Head kore 117

Right? Like have you ever read or heard anything but good things about them? Not even a meh. I’m just trying to decide on a binding setup and then hopefully I can find them from one place. I saw them down to $549 without bindings on a few sites.

Edd

Head Supreme Instincts Ti for firm days

Blizzard Bushwackers for daily driving

Soul 7s for pow

I’m bored with the Blizzards and will replace this season. I’m looking at the K2 Ikonic Ti. Hope to demo soon.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone