• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Current Quiver......

drjeff

3 pairs in active rotation for me currently... Way too many pairs that could be brought out of hibernation if needed....

The 3 active...

My powder skis....Blizzard Cochises... Full rocker, 108 underfoot, absolutely hates firm snow and short turns, such a blast on a powder day for sure!!

My daily driver... Stöckli Delta Scales, 83 underfoot with some tip rocker. Lots of fun on most anything, and if they have a top end, I haven't found it yet!!

My ice skates!! Just got them last weekend, and LOVE them on hard snow! Fischer The Curve GT. Traditional Camber, 80 underfoot, 16m radius, full world cup beefy construction. Pure carving power!

These 3 pretty much cover what I need on 99% of my ski days

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

Last edited:

prsboogie

2007 Head Monster m88i - as close to ice skates as I will own, carves/holds an edge extremely well.

2017 Volkl Mantra 100s - mostly every day ski, was very good in a unplanned 8" day. Stable and fun, easy to navigate.

2015 Line Sir Francis Bacon (Blue Tree top) for soft and deep days - great tree ski. Pivots and surfs well

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

cdskier

2010? 2011? Volkl AC50 - mid 80s waist - Hard snow, carving ski
2012? 2013? Nordica Hell and Back - 98 waist - Packed powder and beyond conditions

I can't remember exact model years on the skis. I swear there were more than 2 years between them...but google seems to indicate otherwise. I feel like I've had the Volkl's much longer than the Nordica's.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Powder ski - Nordica Vagabond 107mm

Soft snow daily driver - Nordica Steadfast 90 mm

Hard snow daily driver - Head iRally. 76 mm

Semi retired early/late season WROD ski - Fischer Motive 84

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

mulva

Groomer only days - 2016 Head i.Supershape Speed 66mm
Every other day - 2014 Blizzard Peacemaker 104mm

I feel like I need something in the middle. I used to have Atomic Blackeye Ti 82mm but they delaminated underfoot on 1 ski a few years ago. Maybe not though because I really get a kick out of the Peacemaker when there is anything more than dust on crust. The ski is just fun even if it does throw me into the backseat a little to easily when my quads are burnt in the bumps.

Last edited:

mulva

Powder ski - Nordica Vagabond 107mm

Soft snow daily driver - Nordica Steadfast 90 mm

Hard snow daily driver - Head iRally. 76 mm

Semi retired early/late season WROD ski - Fischer Motive 84

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

When I got my iSpeeds, I really wanted that iRally. Everyone seems to love that ski.

Last edited:

rocks860

Everyday ski are surface green life’s 181 100 underfoot no rocker

For big snow days have surface daily 191 120 underfoot lots of rocker, thankfully got to use them a few weeks ago at sugarbush

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BenedictGomez

Salomon XScream (67) - rock skis, early season skis (probably get used once or twice every 2 years)
Line Prophets (90) - daily skis, stiff enough & versatile for everything
Rossignol Soul 7's (106) - powder days or days I'll be in the trees 75% of the day
Rossignol S7's (116) - only come out for major dumps.

Terry

Powder skis line influence 115, hard snow ski head supershape titan, daily driver bought Rossi experience 98 to replace my line prophet 100s but don't really like them. Looking at maybe volkl mantras to replace them.

prsboogie

Powder skis line influence 115, hard snow ski head supershape titan, daily driver bought Rossi experience 98 to replace my line prophet 100s but don't really like them. Looking at maybe volkl mantras to replace them.
I would think the EXP would be more in line with the Titan as far as performance, no? Check out skiessentials.com for good deals on Mantras

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

JDMRoma

Right now rotating in 4 pairs

Deep pow would be my Icelantic Keepers at 119

Mid Deep pow and tree skiing Rossi Soul 7 HDs at 106

daily driver on firm and less than ideal conditions would be Nordica Soul Riders at 97

and for Carving Head Supershape I Ralleys at 77

Bandit2941

After many years of skiing on old beat up stuff I treated myself this year and bought 2 brand new pairs.

2018 Head I.Titan for firm snow. Super fun ski for me. Carves great but is certainly not overly demanding. The tail is perfect, holds good but easy to dump if needed.

2019 Blizzard Rustler 9 for in between/soft snow days. Very happy with the ski. Fun playful and forgiving. Also carves really well. Rewards a neutral stance.

Powder skis are 2011 Line Prophet 115. Fun ski, only downside is they’re heavy particularly with the demo bindings I have on them.

Scott Missions will probably still get some use for spring bumps. Fun ski but a little too soft for me without metal. The rustlers are perfect for me with full metal under foot but tapering to none at the top and tail.

Glenn

Non rocker Volkl Kendo 177 I forgot what season I'm on with these. Great skis.

tumbler

Enforcer 93 full time. I'm too much of a head case to be always thinking if I'm on the right ski.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
2015? Dynastar 74CR Fluid skis- 74mm underfoot, in the process of becoming rock skis as I want something stiffer

2017 Fischer Pro Ti 95mm underfoot, have a lot of metal in them and they absolutely rip up everything.

I had a pair of 2016 Icelantic Keeper SKNY skis...those things were awesome but the edge blew out last year. That was going to be my rock/powder ski this year so I'm a little short-handed in the Quiver.

I want something in the high 70s/low 80s underfoot with metal construction and a tight turning radius next year as a groomers only ski. I can't do under 75mm underfoot anymore....just feels like ice skates to me and if there's even 2" of snow once things get chopped up I lose my confidence.

Cornhead

Daily drivers, Blizzard Brahmas
Powder Skis, Volkl Kuros
Rock Skis, Volkl RTM, K2 mystery skis, Mammoth Mountain rentals, level below Recons?

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using AlpineZone mobile app

bizarrefaith

Powder ski - Head Rev 105 (rarely used)

Most days - Atomic Vantage CTI 90

Hard snow/frontside exclusive - Head i.Rally 76mm

Rock skis - Fischer Watea 88