• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Throwing Bud Light cans onto ski slopes from the ski lift

granite

I went to Mount Snow last March a couple of days after a 40 inch snow storm. At 9;15 am, some filthy, dirty, moron, p.o.s. drunk & dumb Bud Light drinker was throwing empty Bud Light Cans onto the Lift Line from the Chair Lift. I saw at least six cans throughout the day, including one below the North Face Lift that was right in the mogul field. Everyone was complaining about it. The last two weekends at Cannon, the same thing; empty Bud Light Cans thrown down onto the lift line. For anyone that does this, I hope you get caught by Patrol and you get your effin ass thrown off the mountain. I also hope that you get stopped by the police and you get your filthy, dirty, moron, p.o.s. drunk & dumb Bud Light drinker ass thrown in jail for dui. I hope you go to jail before someone get hurts from your pathetic empty Bud Light cans thrown onto ski slopes. Shows how dumb you are, drinking Bud Light. I can imagine these fools drinking their crappy Bud Light at 7 am, driving to the mountain, drinking on the lifts and then driving home drunk. Anyone that does this, doesn't deserve to be on a mountain skiing or any other outdoor activity

da-bum

I was riding up the lift on Hunta, and with the warming, there were no snow in the areas w/o snowmaking. I saw a sleuth of blue cans and they looked a bit small so I thought they were some sort of blue colored energy drink. When the lift got closer to areas closer to the terrain, the cans still looked small, but I noticed what looks like bud light logos. I don't know how bud light became the de-facto beer to drink on the lift. bud light must be the PBR for ppl whom don't know what PBR is because its not available in their region.

drjeff

I went to Mount Snow last March a couple of days after a 40 inch snow storm. At 9;15 am, some filthy, dirty, moron, p.o.s. drunk & dumb Bud Light drinker was throwing empty Bud Light Cans onto the Lift Line from the Chair Lift. I saw at least six cans throughout the day, including one below the North Face Lift that was right in the mogul field. Everyone was complaining about it. The last two weekends at Cannon, the same thing; empty Bud Light Cans thrown down onto the lift line. For anyone that does this, I hope you get caught by Patrol and you get your effin ass thrown off the mountain. I also hope that you get stopped by the police and you get your filthy, dirty, moron, p.o.s. drunk & dumb Bud Light drinker ass thrown in jail for dui. I hope you go to jail before someone get hurts from your pathetic empty Bud Light cans thrown onto ski slopes. Shows how dumb you are, drinking Bud Light. I can imagine these fools drinking their crappy Bud Light at 7 am, driving to the mountain, drinking on the lifts and then driving home drunk. Anyone that does this, doesn't deserve to be on a mountain skiing or any other outdoor activity
Couldn't of been Mount Snow with your initial sighting if you saw Bud Light cans... It's only PBR cans that get tossed at Mount Snow these days!! [emoji6][emoji6]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

thetrailboss

Staff member
Wow. Interesting post. Judging by the anger I would have thought you got hit by one.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Cornhead

Relax, have a Bud Light or two.[emoji6] I remember when places would put garbage cans at the base of some poles, like a target. Most people were too drunk, or just shitty shots, but at least the mess was consolidated.

It is ironic that you would litter in a place you enjoy. Someone kept leaving empty beer cans on the bank of the Susquehanna where my childhood swimming hole is. I always stopped to burn there as it was the quarter pole of my 12 mile paddle down, then back upstream. I picked up all the cans and took them with me, then scratched a note on a big flat rock telling the person/people that if they enjoyed fishing there, why wouldn't they take their empties with them? Much easier to tote than full beers. The littering stopped. It is sad though.
hqdefault.jpeg

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using AlpineZone mobile app

Killingtime

If that bothers you, don’t go to Mountain Creek, your head would explode. The every lift line was littered with guess what, Bud Light cans.

legalskier

If that bothers you, don’t go to Mountain Creek, your head would explode. The every lift line was littered with guess what, Bud Light cans.

I guess that's not as bad as the empty half-pints of blackberry brandy back in the day.
:puke:

witch hobble

....and cigarette butts, and empty fireball nippers, and spent juul pods.

Littering is a primal form of self expression for people who’s worldviews are inchoate, ignorant, arrogant, sociopathic, solipsistic and/or nihilistic.

AbominableSnowman

I'm pretty sure both of those crap beers are ubiquitious.

It is odd that such a high percentage of those empty beer cans littering the side of the road, ski areas, and parking lots are Bud Light cans. It does make one wonder if "angry at the world" social malcontent types prefer Bud Light for some reason, or perhaps the blue packaging draws them in, or perhaps they simply like large volumes of low-cost "beer".

It does seem as though someone that is good at using social media could craft a clever campaign to try and shame Anheuser-Busch into doing something to stop/mitigate the growing problem of people tossing all those Bud Light cans all over the place.

Short of that, the best way to address the issue is possibly to take a trash bag with you, and clean up those cans every so often. It is more constructive, likely, than ranting at the people who are littering. After all, if those latter people care about what others think, they possibly wouldn't litter in the first place. And my hope is that the "lead by example" approach is effective; if others see me taking the time and effort to pick up trash, perhaps they will do so sometime down the line....

And on the positive side, at least they aren't throwing glass bottles out on the runs - shudder at the damage those could do to a skier...

The Sneak

Littering is a primal form of self expression for people who’s worldviews are inchoate, ignorant, arrogant, sociopathic, solipsistic and/or nihilistic.

100% spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crazy

I saw Bud Light cans at Cannon last weekend under the lift also. Gross. I have no problem with someone drinking Bug Light while skiing. That's fine. But if you can haul the can up/down the mountain while drinking it, why can't you carry it with you for a little while longer to throw it away?

Exactly

crazy

I was riding up the lift on Hunta, and with the warming, there were no snow in the areas w/o snowmaking. I saw a sleuth of blue cans and they looked a bit small so I thought they were some sort of blue colored energy drink. When the lift got closer to areas closer to the terrain, the cans still looked small, but I noticed what looks like bud light logos. I don't know how bud light became the de-facto beer to drink on the lift. bud light must be the PBR for ppl whom don't know what PBR is because its not available in their region.

Wait...no. You don't think? Could it be? Huh, hold on. It could, right? Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Bud Light = Blue

Blue Boy = terrorizes Hunta

This MUST mean that Blue Boy is the one responsible for the Bud Light empties at Hunta.

CASE CLOSED.

skiur

Wow. Interesting post. Judging by the anger I would have thought you got hit by one.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

If you want to see angry go and see his posts on kzone....posts as f.a.s.t. on there and spews a whole bunch crap.

DoublePlanker

It's disgusting those who litter. It is skiing! You are outside enjoying mother nature. Ruin it for others with your stupid litter.

It is prohibited in National Forests and State Parks.