• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Throwing Bud Light cans onto ski slopes from the ski lift

AdironRider

It's disgusting those who litter. It is skiing! You are outside enjoying mother nature. Ruin it for others with your stupid litter.

It is prohibited in National Forests and State Parks.

Littering isn't allowed in a state or national park? You don't say!

Unfortunately I do not see how you fix this problem, humans have proven (and since long before bud light cans existed) that wherever we go, we manage to leave our trash everywhere.

I think mountains overall do a good job of keeping places clean despite the shortcomings of their clientele. Have you guys ever seen any other outdoor event area after a large gathering like a music concert, sporting event, etc. It makes the area under a chair lift look as clean as an operating room.

John9

Why would anyone drink beer while skiing? All it would do is fill your bladder and mean a trip to the lodge.

cdskier

I have no problem with someone drinking Bug Light while skiing. That's fine. But if you can haul the can up/down the mountain while drinking it, why can't you carry it with you for a little while longer to throw it away?

Agreed. This also goes back to some other common topics that show people have no respect for the people (and property) around them.

I always have a bottle of Gatorade with me skiing. When I finish it, I put it in recycling either at the bottom of the mountain or back at my condo. It really isn't difficult. I've never felt a need to want to get rid of it quickly and throw it off the lift.

ceo

Thoughtless boors. I only throw Heady Topper cans from the lift.