• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Buy or rent for kids 9/10 years old?

jcard71

My daughter has really got into skiing and we rented this year which came with some good perks like $99 season pass to Ragged.

With kids growing so quickly is it better to do the rental every year, attend a ski swap just buy new?

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

nycskier

$99 for a season rental plus a season pass to Ragged is a great deal! Where did you get that? That's a great deal. I did the Paragon season rental for the kids for $110. It came with a free youth ticket to Windham and a $20 Paragon gift card.

jcard71

$99 for a season rental plus a season pass to Ragged is a great deal! Where did you get that? That's a great deal. I did the Paragon season rental for the kids for $110. It came with a free youth ticket to Windham and a $20 Paragon gift card.

It was at Zimmerman's in Nashua, NH.

bizarrefaith

If you have only one kid, rent until you can't. If you have multiple kids, buying can be cheaper since you can hand me down.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Rent til they stop growing. A $120-$150 rental package for kids with a boatload of ticket vouchers would not be hard to find.

Honestly, a pair of $99 rental skis will be in better shape than $99 ski swap skis (most likely). And if you do go the ski swap route you'll spend $30-$50 getting them tuned and adjusted to your kid's boot.