• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow 2.18.2019

pauldotcom

Boy was I wrong about today...

Today was outstanding. Pretty much NO lines on every lift with the exception of the Bluebird (5 mins).

Snowed all day, about 3" total. Glades are skiing decent; was able to pretty much ski anything on the mountain. Yes, there are some ice spots, but overall, fantastic east coast conditions.

I heard nightmares about Sunday being super busy... Maybe it scared everyone...

prsboogie

Shit I opted for Crotched because I "knew" it was going to be a nightmare [emoji849]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

deadheadskier

Staff member
Shit I opted for Crotched because I "knew" it was going to be a nightmare [emoji849]

Bummer

Missed you. I had our son in a lesson from 9-noon at CM today. I was doing laps off the Rocket most of that time. Had other obligations that prevented me from sticking around for the afternoon

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Pez

If Sunday was nuts I’m glad I hit Berkshire East instead. That place is a hidden gem of a mountain.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

prsboogie

Bummer

Missed you. I had our son in a lesson from 9-noon at CM today. I was doing laps off the Rocket most of that time. Had other obligations that prevented me from sticking around for the afternoon

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app
Shit, would have loved to take a few runs with you.

pauldotcom

Today was even more empty than Monday! For the first few hours, it was ski-on access on the BlueBird!

drjeff

Ya but I was thinking with Mass vacation week it would be crazy

The reality is with respect to Mount Snow, while it certainly does have certain geographic areas of Mass it draws strongly from, a good chunk of Mass does their regular skiing up the I-89, I-93 and I-95 into Maine areas and not the I-91 areas in So VT. Mount Snow draws much higher from SW CT, Westchester County, parts of Long Island and NW NJ, so the Mass Vacation week doesn't slam Mount Snow all week long

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

prsboogie

The reality is with respect to Mount Snow, while it certainly does have certain geographic areas of Mass it draws strongly from, a good chunk of Mass does their regular skiing up the I-89, I-93 and I-95 into Maine areas and not the I-91 areas in So VT. Mount Snow draws much higher from SW CT, Westchester County, parts of Long Island and NW NJ, so the Mass Vacation week doesn't slam Mount Snow all week long

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app
Good to know for the future [emoji6]