• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bellayre 2/18/2019

Ol Dirty Noodle

Got there around 9:45 snowing decently temps around 30*. Crowds were minimal.... shockingly minimal, longest and only wait for the day was 2 min at the gondi around 11:30.

Snow was awesome cream cheese, plenty of fresh stashes on the sides of the blacks and in the woods. Mini bumps on most of the runs nice moguls on the those split trails between the Gondi and superchief. The wife loved it and the fact that I forced her to stick to the blacks and double blacks has greatly increased her confidence. Pretty much lapped Seneca, Algonquin, Dot Nebel and Yahoo all day.

Skipped Cathedral Brook because I didn’t feel like hiking in. I did however feel the need to poach dream catcher glades for my last run, why it was ever closed at all was beyond me. Plan was to leave by 1 and then we saw the lifts stop spinning and realized it was after 4, time flies [emoji2373]

JimG.

Staff member
Good info heading to Belle tomorrow was going to go to Gore but now looking like Gore Friday instead.

I hit Belle a few weeks ago and Dreamcatcher was roped but it skied tremendously and I wound up doing a few laps.

legalskier

I was hoping to get there on Monday too but wound up on the DL with the flu. Mondays are always the least crowded day on holiday weekends at Belle- unfortunately there's the Thruway traffic on the way home though.

Skipped Cathedral Brook because I didn’t feel like hiking in
Yeah, that hike is rough, so I just take Roaring Brook out to Cathedral & hop in there. Once you're on CB you can access Cathedral Glen on skier's left- a huge area of awesome tree skiing.
Welp, looks like it's time to pop another Tamiflu....

Ol Dirty Noodle

I was hoping to get there on Monday too but wound up on the DL with the flu. Mondays are always the least crowded day on holiday weekends at Belle- unfortunately there's the Thruway traffic on the way home though.

Yeah, that hike is rough, so I just take Roaring Brook out to Cathedral & hop in there. Once you're on CB you can access Cathedral Glen on skier's left- a huge area of awesome tree skiing.
Welp, looks like it's time to pop another Tamiflu....

Yea traffic was brutal coming home

kingslug

I made it home from Stowe in 5 hours flat Monday..Traffic was backed up in CT..the other way. Construction on the merrit...