• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

WST (Weekend Speculation Thread): Lion or Lamb? March 2-3

gladerider

I'm going to guess OK. Temps were freezing at our place in SoVT until around 10:30/11AM on Sunday. While we did get some rain after, didn't really do much the snowpack around our place.

thanks for the update

tnt1234

How are the Pokes looking? Anyone? Only skiing I can hope for this weekend is half day at Blue Saturday. Looking forward to it.

Domeskier

How are the Pokes looking? Anyone? Only skiing I can hope for this weekend is half day at Blue Saturday. Looking forward to it.

There have been some nice bump lines on Barney's for the past few weekends. I hope they haven't reseeded them. Looks like they have some snow in the forecast this weekend, too. Not sure about crowds - lines for the six-pack can get crazy on mid-winter weekends, but it might be late enough in the season not to worry (unless they pick up a lot of snow).

tnt1234

There have been some nice bump lines on Barney's for the past few weekends. I hope they haven't reseeded them. Looks like they have some snow in the forecast this weekend, too. Not sure about crowds - lines for the six-pack can get crazy on mid-winter weekends, but it might be late enough in the season not to worry (unless they pick up a lot of snow).

Thanks. Yeah, Blue can get crowded!

Hawk

I'm at Sugarbush this Friday - hoping for decent (no ice) cover and low crowds. I'm sitting on a couple of SB's quadpacks. Time to start using them.
Your not Bumpis as in Seaside Cycle Bumpis are you? Anyway, things should be pretty good at the Bush this weekend. Also Friday Night the Grift is Playing at the Castlerock Pub from 8 to midnight. They are really good. I'll be there.

Euler

Nice putting labels on people. And depending on how old he is, what wrong with girls in race suits.
When a grown man comments on the sexuality of 14 and 15 year olds it's gross and it's wrong. If you want to defend it....

Bumpsis

Pedophile is another way to say it. Gross
regarding andrec10's comment ("Dirty old man"), which most of the time is meant, at least partially in jest, at least, that's how I take it.

As to your comment, I "resemble that remark" :)

On the more serious side, man, get a life! There is a world of difference between leering with bad intent and noticing the beauty and grace of youthful athletes. So stuff your perv shaming where the sun don't shine. I'm sure that YOU are just a piously perfect being.
You may want to look up "sanctimony".

Oh, by the way, I also like watching football - oh no, young men in tights !! :p

Last edited:

Bumpsis

Your not Bumpis as in Seaside Cycle Bumpis are you? Anyway, things should be pretty good at the Bush this weekend. Also Friday Night the Grift is Playing at the Castlerock Pub from 8 to midnight. They are really good. I'll be there.

Thanks for the tip about the fun at Castlerock pub, alas, I'm not sticking around for the weekend, just a Friday session. Oh well.
I am not the Bumpis you speak of. My screen name is just a combo of words bump and nemesis, as in bumps are my nemesis, yet, I persist :) !

skiur

When a grown man comments on the sexuality of 14 and 15 year olds it's gross and it's wrong. If you want to defend it....

Its a friggin joke man.....lighten the F up.....its people like you and your ultra PC friends that are ruining this world.

tumbler

So what about this Sunday->Monday storm? Snow day so risk it and stay up north?

gregnye

Anyone know what's up with the snow for this weekend? Mid-vermont (Killington) weather only says "snow showers" for tomorrow but places like Mt. Snow and Hunter say "snow". Any more details?

Pez

The 3rd and more significant system will impact our region last Sunday into Tuesday. This system will be lifting northward from the Gulf of Mexico, bringing all that Gulf moisture with it. As the storm moves North and East along the Coast the storm will be intensifying with winds increasing. North and West of the I-95 Corridor there would be more in the way of snow, with those South and East of the I-95 Corridor seeing more in the way of rain. Parts of New York State and New England could see significant accumulating snow out of this.

Looking out over the next 10-14 days, I see at least 3 more possible storm threats for our region.

bigbog

Sunday night into Monday should bring some accumulation for the River & SL.
Was over in the Whites last week(end)..boot(downhill & AT) tuneup....snow was that high & dry type...felt so good. 3/2 EDIT....At least it should add a little to the off-resort totals but am about to shoot out West sometime..for the first time:-o

Last edited: