• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

WST (Weekend Speculation Thread): Lion or Lamb? March 2-3

tnt1234

Ok...here we go....

One Alpine Zoner is up in Maine hoping the wind makes like a lamb for a few days. Meanwhile, those of us trapped in our desks are hoping for some kind of white lion this week that makes the weekend snowy....

me? broke my skis last weekend replaced them last week and mounted them this weekend....so I just want to ski on something come saturday or sunday.

Will a day trip to the cats be worth he extra drive time? Or will the souther areas be just as man-made and marbly as the mighty Poconos? Or, is there something brewing making a little over nighter in VT worth it?

What about the Boston crowd? Where are we heading this weekend?

N.Vt missed the last rain - are things still sweet up yonder, and can it possibly last till the weekend?

Let the speculation begin.....

cdskier

Apparently Platty is getting hit pretty good with some lake effect perhaps right now. 8" and still dumping per their recent post on social media. Meanwhile other areas of the Cats only have 1-2".

kingslug

I'll be out west so you should get a good dump. Looks like points North escaped the rain so they should be good for you all. The Cats were scratchy..they need a dump

Kleetus

I'll be out west so you should get a good dump. Looks like points North escaped the rain so they should be good for you all. The Cats were scratchy..they need a dump

I'm not so sure about the dump this weekend. Models are diverging quite a bit. Some showing a light snow, others another rain storm tracking up into the great lakes for Saturday.

Edd

The North Conway area has huge bankings everywhere. The snowpack on the NH coast is about a tenth of what it is here. The MWV is having a great season.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Glenn

Keeping and eye on a system coming in Wednesday night. And some rumblings about another this weekend.

drjeff

I've got Sugarbush Friday and Saturday, Pico on Sunday and possibly Mount Snow on Monday coming up this weekend....

Weekends that involve a bunch of driving and a bunch of races usually increase the chances that a storm will hit! :snow:

Bumpsis

I'm at Sugarbush this Friday - hoping for decent (no ice) cover and low crowds. I'm sitting on a couple of SB's quadpacks. Time to start using them.

drjeff

I'm at Sugarbush this Friday - hoping for decent (no ice) cover and low crowds. I'm sitting on a couple of SB's quadpacks. Time to start using them.

Going to be a bunch of highschool aged ladies in race suits on Inverness over at Mount Ellen Friday and Saturday for the VT State U16 slalom and giant slalom championships. Even then the word "a bunch" is a relative thing, since when I just checked the registration list for the GS on Friday it's only 90 competitors long. Add in some coaches, race volunteers and the realistic number of parents who actually ski on a race day, and you're talking maybe 200 folks on the hill, mainly just around Inverness, on Friday, and roughly the same on Saturday... Not a big deal for a resort the size of Sugarbush

Bumpsis

Highschool aged ladies in race suits is always a nice sight :p, but I think I'll skip that side of SB and keep to SB main. Thanks for letting me know.

2Planker

The North Conway area has huge bankings everywhere. The snowpack on the NH coast is about a tenth of what it is here. The MWV is having a great season.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

TRUE THAT !!! My plow guy had to rent a Front End Loader to move our snowbanks back about 5'-6'

gladerider

how did stratton fair with the rain? was planning to head up there for the weekend.

Glenn

how did stratton fair with the rain? was planning to head up there for the weekend.

I'm going to guess OK. Temps were freezing at our place in SoVT until around 10:30/11AM on Sunday. While we did get some rain after, didn't really do much the snowpack around our place.