WST (Weekend Speculation Thread): Lion or Lamb? March 2-3

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

WST (Weekend Speculation Thread): Lion or Lamb? March 2-3

Ok...here we go....

One Alpine Zoner is up in Maine hoping the wind makes like a lamb for a few days. Meanwhile, those of us trapped in our desks are hoping for some kind of white lion this week that makes the weekend snowy....

me? broke my skis last weekend replaced them last week and mounted them this weekend....so I just want to ski on something come saturday or sunday.

Will a day trip to the cats be worth he extra drive time? Or will the souther areas be just as man-made and marbly as the mighty Poconos? Or, is there something brewing making a little over nighter in VT worth it?

What about the Boston crowd? Where are we heading this weekend?

N.Vt missed the last rain - are things still sweet up yonder, and can it possibly last till the weekend?

Let the speculation begin.....

Apparently Platty is getting hit pretty good with some lake effect perhaps right now. 8" and still dumping per their recent post on social media. Meanwhile other areas of the Cats only have 1-2".

I'll be out west so you should get a good dump. Looks like points North escaped the rain so they should be good for you all. The Cats were scratchy..they need a dump
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Quote Originally Posted by kingslug View Post
    I'll be out west so you should get a good dump. Looks like points North escaped the rain so they should be good for you all. The Cats were scratchy..they need a dump
    I'm not so sure about the dump this weekend. Models are diverging quite a bit. Some showing a light snow, others another rain storm tracking up into the great lakes for Saturday.

Who knows what the weekend storm will be...

Nice little hit for the Cats, southern NY, CT/MA mountains this Wednesday-Thursday. Looks like 3"-6" throughout.
    2019-2020 0 days and holding...
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter...
    The Cats have needed a good dump all season. I am sure around March 23rd they will, as I am Heading to Puerto Rico for a cruise till 3-31.

Damn west is stealing it all.......
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

The North Conway area has huge bankings everywhere. The snowpack on the NH coast is about a tenth of what it is here. The MWV is having a great season.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Damn west is stealing it all.......
    Heading to Jackson Hole Saturday. Models forecast anywhere between 44 and 96 inches till Friday. eh eh eh .

Quote Originally Posted by fbrissette View Post
    Heading to Jackson Hole Saturday. Models forecast anywhere between 44 and 96 inches till Friday. eh eh eh .
    ....and we have a winner....

Thread Information