• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Reccs for Skiing On the Weekend

skicub

In short, I’ve missed a few planned ski days this season due to unfavorable weather (wind holds, mid-storm driving etc.) and am now faced with not being able to meet my 30 day target, unless I squeeze in some Saturdays :/ As an exclusively weekday skier, I don’t even know where to begin!

I’ve been a Bronze New England Passholder for several years and also carry a weekday pass to Bromley for skiing at my in-laws’. I loathe crowds, but am willing to deal with them to get my days in.

I currently have 5+ SkiVT tickets left, a throwback pass to Magic, a few one day tickets to Waterville and Ragged, and a Ski&Ride card to use up. Happy to ski elsewhere if I can miss the crowds.

Sundays aren’t usually an option because I work in the morning, and unfortunately I’m headed out of town for 6 weeks starting April 1st. ANY tips on where to go and how to avoid the masses would be much appreciated!!

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

cdskier

I'd throw Mt Ellen at Sugarbush in there as well. That's usually not bad on a Saturday. Often times lifts are ski on or maybe a 2 or 3 minute wait.

Vaughn

really depends on what you mean by 'masses'. I was at Waterville last Saturday and it was a sunny 35˚ day during vacation week. The longest wait for a lift was maybe 8 minutes and there weren't any lines to speak of for the last three hours of the day. I'd think the same at Cannon - bigger mountains hold more people so the trails should be fine.

graniterider

Don’t hold on to the passes for Ragged for too long if you’d really like to use them, expect their last day to be the end of March. We are pass holders there, with my son being on the race team. Only a few bad Saturdays there, Mass vacation week, holiday weekends, and Ski East race days. I don’t think they’ll have another busy Saturday the rest of the season. I’d assume the same for Waterville. Spring sports for kids start up again soon and a lot of ski families give up on the season in March.

skicub

Thanks everyone!

I’m gonna aim for Pico and Burke, based on those suggestions.

What about Jay Peak? I’ll ride the freezer all day if it means ski-on.

Also, what about smaller mountains like Black(ME or NH), Tenney or other midsize like Attitash? Happy to try somewhere off the beaten path if it’s cheap n cheerful.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Zermatt

The masses have moved onto other things, welcome to March.

It's warmer, the days are longer and it snows a lot.

Edd

I had friends at Bretton Woods and Wildcat yesterday and they all said the crowds were pretty bad.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone