• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Platty 3/2/10

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Was planning on skiing Elk but pulled an audible and called a bunch of friends on Thursday for Platty . One agreed ,fortunately he's the best Mogul skier I know so I knew I'd get a workout. Left Pa. with 3" of fresh sloppy snow , driving was ugly got the last parking space in the upper lot around 10 . It was funny to see the railings and stairs as the last time I was there everything was buried from storm Riley .

We decided to work our way across the mountain from left to right and some woods.I knew he was itching for some bumps. It was odd skiing the "Stick run " Blockbuster . I haven't skiing anything like that since I wandered into Mittersill in the 90's 3' tall blackberry bushes , I was pulling thorns out of my pants all day LOL. At least Blockbuster didn't have any thorns .

Went in for lunch and a beer and after we came back out the temperature dropped enough to make things a bit faster . We found some bumps on Plunge and spent the afternoon lapping Plunge and cutting into the woods below the bike ramp for some fast tree runs.

Can't say enough good things about this place. The staff acts as if they want to be there from the people helping with parking to the lifty at the top of North face ...very funny animated guy . Only my second time there but I'm going to do annual trips !!

Cant delete the image or rotate ??

Attachments

• IMG_1122.jpg
    IMG_1122.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 70

Ol Dirty Noodle

I’ve never been to platt, def an easy daytrip for me, what are the lines like with only 2 lifts though? I’d probably only get there on the weekend unless we had a big enough midweek storm here to shut down work in Manhattan.

hub8

My son and I were there on Friday. Ski on for both lifts. Was hoping for better powder than the leftover they had though, heard from another patron at Belleayre who was at Plattekill on Monday for a private rental that they rented out every day Monday-Thursday last week :-(
Last time we were there was after 2 feet dump last March and we never waited more than 10 minutes for lifts, and that was supposed to be their busiest day ever. Parking however is a different story

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Haha Noodle day at Platty . Start a registration thread :smile:

I was there last year for Storm Riley ,I thought I heard it was that was busiest day ever ? I never waited more than 10 minutes as well .It took me an hour to leave ,there we cars parked for 2 miles . The lodge was a zoo. No other ski area in the Catskills had power, I would do it again in a heartbeat. As for yesterday 2 minutes tops. Parking wasn't bad either although they pack em like sardines . The lots are terraced so get there reasonably early or walk uphill.

You have to plan what side of the mountain you want to be on if you want to take a pit stop or you have to huff it uphill to the lodge . There is little to no run out on the slopes ,the mountain has a sustained healthy pitch . The lodge has a great vibe ,nice view and the food is good .
I wish it wasn't such a haul for me !!!IMG_1127.jpg