• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stratton Glade Conditions

PaulR

I'm thinking the same thing as OP, if they get some good natural stuff Saturday night like they are calling for now.
It'd be nice to find out if West Pilot is open.

KustyTheKlown

test pilot is fine, but don't sleep on west pilot (opposite side of the map). its a very wide boundary glade with lots of different lines. entrance is thru the most beginner section of the mountain so it tends to stay pretty unskied. not much in the way of pitch, but its so wide with so many different entry points that you can mine fun lines in there for a while.

Zand

Why Not will make you feel like you suddenly got dropped at MRG for a couple minutes. Big cliffy area. Totally un-Stratton like.

jaytrem

Why Not will make you feel like you suddenly got dropped at MRG for a couple minutes. Big cliffy area. Totally un-Stratton like.

Yeah, we took a couple runs down that on our way back to Sun Bowl. No clue that was there. The landing needs to soften up a bit I'd say. Might be a good idea to go around the cliffs for now.

Greg

Staff member
Opted for Killington tomorrow. Some minor accums on the access road. Hoping for a few inches tomorrow.

PaulR

Stratton Glade Report 1/5/20: Nothing....but ropes. They need a good dumping to get them open.

jaytrem

Stratton Glade Report 1/5/20: Nothing....but ropes. They need a good dumping to get them open.

Ahhh, so they do rope them off if conditions are bad enough. Good to know. Also happy that they seem to be pretty liberal about keeping them open. I'm sure a lot of places would have had them closed the day I was there.

PaulR

Well, they rope the main drop-in points. Honestly last weeks rain did them in pretty good, there's enough grass/roots/rocks sticking through where even if you did drop in elsewhere its really nothing palatable at all at this point.