• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Death at Victor Constant Ski Area / West Point

speden

Christ, he must have slid right through the Cannonball lift area then off that lip. I don't have a tactful way to put this but you simply shouldn't have that much speed at the bottom of Profile... Hope the other guy is going to recover quickly, thoughts and prayers to the dead guy's family.

I wonder what made him lose control. Maybe one of his skis pre-released on him. I know I've been in some high speed carves this season where I felt like if a ski came off at that moment, very bad things would happen to me. The location of the accident is puzzling since most people slow down considerably when approaching a lift loading area.

Smellytele

I wonder what made him lose control. Maybe one of his skis pre-released on him. I know I've been in some high speed carves this season where I felt like if a ski came off at that moment, very bad things would happen to me. The location of the accident is puzzling since most people slow down considerably when approaching a lift loading area.

That approach to the lift from profile is steep with a short landing area. He was way to skiers left. I usually approach it center to to skiers right. If you do bite it you hit the padded fence.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone