• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

East coast pass options suck.

Terry

Shawnee peak, king pine, cranmore, black nh, wildcat, attitash, Sunday river, mt abram, all within an hour drive for me. Add another half hour and I can get to loon, cannon, Bretton woods, black of maine, lost valley. I feel bad for people driving long distances to ski.

kingslug

I dont mind the 5 hour drive to Stowe..just when its for ice..but if Stowe is crappy then usually most other places are as well. Ide rather ski in crappy conditions than not.
The 4 hour a day commute to the city sucks ..but living in the city was a nightmare for me.

kingslug

I dont mind the 5 hour drive to Stowe..just when its for ice..but if Stowe is crappy then usually most other places are as well. Ide rather ski in crappy conditions than not.
The 4 hour a day commute to the city sucks ..but living in the city was a nightmare for me.

schlepping a family of four with two young'uns makes a YUGE difference as opposed to just me or me and my wife going. also makes everything more expensive. living in SE PA peaks pass is a good deal. 1:30 to JF/BB, 2:55 to hunter and 4:30 to mt snow. would i like to live closer to bigger better skiing, well yeah i guess

njdiver85

I need to move to your neck of the woods!

Shawnee peak, king pine, cranmore, black nh, wildcat, attitash, Sunday river, mt abram, all within an hour drive for me. Add another half hour and I can get to loon, cannon, Bretton woods, black of maine, lost valley. I feel bad for people driving long distances to ski.

pauldotcom

I wouldn't mind living in NH for sure. Better laws, less tax, and closer to more mountains. But if I were to move for better skiing - it would be out west. To bad my state retirement doesn't transfer! lol

jg17

Personally, I can't justify driving 5+ hours to VT every weekend, especially with no place to stay and since most days I'm flying solo. Peak was great this year with Hunter 2:15 away and JFBB an hour for days when I'm short on time/crappy weather for driving/whatever. Hoping I can definitely squeeze out a few more days at Hunter and maybe even Snow before the end of the season. Still not sure what to do for next year, though.

machski

Edd

I bought B&B at least 3 years in a row. I may next year.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

pauldotcom

I would even take Berkshire East on the Ikon pass... Something else that's close... Yea, agree, that Max pass was unrealistic. What a fantastic pass... Hey back in the day I remember you could ski Killington, Mount Snow, ME resorts, and some stuff out west with the same pass..

abc

Well, I did exactly that and moved to Northern Westchester, and my commute to the city was horrible approaching 3 hours a day RT. So I moved back to the city. Now I drive extra for skiing
It worked out for me.

I don't drive into the city, just take the train. Sure it's longer. But I don't have to pay attention. So it's a less stressful commute.

In the mean time, my commute to the mountain is almost an hour shorter. More significantly, avoiding the drive through heavy rush hour traffic, it's also a less stressful drive.

Overall, less stressful both ways. Almost a win-win situation. (granted, I'm older and more secure in my career. So I don't have to put in the long hours at the office. So the lose in TIME spend in daily commute is less of an issue for me. The gain is in the reduced stress).