• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

East coast pass options suck.

pauldotcom

Ikon pass - unlimited days at 12 resorts - out west. East coast folks get 15 days total in VT. LAME
Epic pass - unlimited at Okemo & Sunapee... Kinda LAME
Mount Snow pass - unlimited at Snow and a few others with ZERO west options.. Sorta LAME.

Not many great options for southern VT skiers...

KustyTheKlown

if you cannot string together an excellent eastern season with ikon base + the other more novel products we all discuss here all the time, then you don't deserve a 50 day season.

GregoryIsaacs

I still dont know how Peaks gets a away with such a cheap product. Simply cant say no to the explorer option

boston_e

There is always a full season pass available at whichever is your favorite Vermont mountain.

cdskier

Is Stowe not unlimited on the Epic pass?

They are. Not sure why the OP left them out unless he decided they were just too far north. He also left out 3 other New England options on the Ikon base pass that would bring the total to 30 eastern days.

There is always a full season pass available at whichever is your favorite Vermont mountain.

Exactly. Expecting a multi-mountain pass that covers all the mountains you happen to like (and which happen to have different owners) is a bit unrealistic.

icecoast1

The pass price at Stratton almost doubled for me now that they're IKON. Guess I'll be going with a Peak Pass again

drjeff

I still dont know how Peaks gets a away with such a cheap product. Simply cant say no to the explorer option
Honestly wish they would up upped their prices a bit. Weekend crowds, especially Saturdays, have been crazy this season... To the point where many of us Mount Snow regulars now have come to realize that what used to be a "big" holiday weekend crowd is now more like a normal Saturday, and a "big" holiday weekend crowd, noticably larger than the old version of it...

And it's not just season passes doing this, there's a bunch of "paper tickets" being sold as well!!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

boston_e

A Stratton full season pass used to be appx $450? I find that hard to believe, although I never shopped for one so who knows...

icecoast1

shame on you for ever holding a stratton only pass in the first place

I live in the area so Stratton and MT Snow are the closest. Actually the couple years they did the Mt Snow/ Stratton passes were nice, getting to ride them both for a reasonable price was nice

icecoast1

A Stratton full season pass used to be appx $450? I find that hard to believe, although I never shopped for one so who knows...

It was about 350 if were under 30 the year before they went IKON. Also a couple seasons you could get Mount Snow and Stratton for that price if you were under 30

drjeff

It was about 350 if were under 30 the year before they went IKON. Also a couple seasons you could get Mount Snow and Stratton for that price if you were under 30
As a parent, I am just happy that Peak "came to their senses" a few years ago and dropped the cost of their kids pass to the same price point as the drifter pass for the 18-29 crowd..

The older model where the kids pass was $250-$300 more than the drifter pass often felt like a slap in the face to families that ski....

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

Edd

I’m pondering getting 3 passes next year. I like variety but I spend a lot of time in the MWV. So, getting the Peak Traveler ($379), the Cranmore/BW Sun N Ski ($519) and the Ikon Base ($649) would run me $1547. That’s a lot. It would take care of a western trip and give me access all over the east, including Canada.

If I did 35 days I’d be paying $44 a day. I’ll be damned if I buy a single lift ticket. This year I went with the Peak Traveler only but I’ve eaten shit on buying tix at BW, Killington, Le Massif, Mont-Sainte Anne, and an upcoming Steamboat trip will be ludicrously expensive. After that trip, I’m going to determine what I’ve spent this year and make a decision.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

KustyTheKlown

lol peaks pass website says one of their ohio properties has a 1750 foot vertical. lying liars and their crappy products.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I’m pondering getting 3 passes next year. I like variety but I spend a lot of time in the MWV. So, getting the Peak Traveler ($379), the Cranmore/BW Sun N Ski ($519) and the Ikon Base ($649) would run me $1547. That’s a lot. It would take care of a western trip and give me access all over the east, including Canada.

If I did 35 days I’d be paying $44 a day. I’ll be damned if I buy a single lift ticket. This year I went with the Peak Traveler only but I’ve eaten shit on buying tix at BW, Killington, Le Massif, Mont-Sainte Anne, and an upcoming Steamboat trip will be ludicrously expensive. After that trip, I’m going to determine what I’ve spent this year and make a decision.

At first it was one pass. And I loved it. Then it was two passes. And I loved it more. Now it is three passes. ;)

As someone who has the equivalent of three passes, I say go for it if that is what you like to do. It gives me good variety and I go where I want to when I want to. I have three and I am not crazy...at least I say I am not crazy :dunce:

boston_e

Do Cranmore and Bretton Woods really add that much value? You could save a couple of hundred by just going up to a full Peak pass and still have great options in MVW area with Attitash and Wildcat... plus it would solve a Saturday problem for you (If you ever ski on the weekends)

cdskier

lol peaks pass website says one of their ohio properties has a 1750 foot vertical. lying liars and their crappy products.

Or a simple honest mistake of someone copying and pasting the info from the Attitash page on their website and simply forgetting to update all the numbers to reflect Alpine Valley instead of Attitash.

Don't particularly know why some people feel the need to shit on certain resorts/pass products. If you don't like it...move on and ignore it.

Edd

Do Cranmore and Bretton Woods really add that much value? You could save a couple of hundred by just going up to a full Peak pass and still have great options in MVW area with Attitash and Wildcat... plus it would solve a Saturday problem for you (If you ever ski on the weekends)

Cranmore/BW are useful in that region on the windy days when Wildcat sucks. Also, my wife loves BW. I wish that joint pass had a cheaper weekdays only option. I do not ski Saturdays and Sundays are rare for me. I’m not a fan of Attitash, personally.

elks

Peak Pass is still a great deal. Early season at Mt Snow and Late Season at Wildcat are awesome and crowds aren't an issue. Crotched mid-season is uncrowded.

Ikon, even the Base pass gives you 30 days in New England. 5 more if you venture to Quebec. Swing for the Regular pass and you get Unlimited Stratton.

Not sure how these are unappealing deals. People have a short memory. Things have improved in recent years with these multi-resorts passes.