• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Blue Mountain 3-5-19

legalskier

Arrived at the upper lodge late in the morning with the thermometer reading 20F. Blue had picked up 8" Sunday night/Monday a.m. but I couldn't make it yesterday so I figured better late than never. Warmed up with a run down Burma Road then took the double chair up to Widowmaker. The rest of the day I spent lapping off of the HS6 (which shut down for half an hour, with the HSQ taking up the slack). Temps didn't get above 27F but the real feel was comfortable due to the bluebird skies and lack of wind. All trails were open & conditions were excellent- the Blue crew groomed them out nicely. Crud and packed pow was abundant off many trail sides. In fact, I've never seen so many tracks under the lifts and even, yes, through the woods.
Blue 4.jpg
Bumps could be found on Main Street skier's left...
Blue 2.jpg
& Nightmare skier's right...
Blue 5.jpg
& in the glades-
blue 1.jpg
While on Paradise I noticed that the trail under construction next to it had been carved up by poachers...
Blue 3.jpg
^^^The foreground is Paradise & the background is the "Trail Coming Soon" on the map. Looks like it'll be complete once they lay snowmaking pipes- in the meantime, poachers will poach.
All in all, a very nice day at Blue Mountain the true mountain while racking up lots of vertical off those high speed lifts. And if I may be so bold, I suggest everyone "get while the gettin's good!"

Last edited:

TyWebb

Skied Blue yesterday with my son and another father and son. Beautiful day and Blue skied well for us. We stick to mostly cruisers, terrain park and intermediate glades where we can find them. Nice snow cover on most of the the mountain with very lil ice thou Blue Baumer Glade got skiied out by 2'ish. As a resident of the Philly burbs, Blue and Elk are by far my two favorite spots in our region.

Warm weather next bunch of days with rain in the forecast. Unfortunately Pa skiing is not looking good from here on out.