• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Belleayre 3/6/19

JimG.

Staff member
Belle got about 6" Monday. Figured it would still ski OK enough to go tool around for a few hours.

What I got was pretty unexpected. Gondi line was powder/packed powder top to bottom. Tomahawk lift line the same. Then I figured I'd check out the lower part of Dreamcatcher off of Cayuga. Boot top powder the whole way down. So next I went in off of Deer Run further up. Almost untouched snow in some areas. Wound up going back from the top of Dreamcatcher a few more times. Then over to Peekamoose and down to T line and Big T. More sweetness. Wound up staying over on the west side all day. The trees were primo everywhere.

Who would have thought? Going back tomorrow.

36191.jpg
21192.jpg

Last edited:

legalskier

I was there today- that nice dump transformed Belle from the icefest I encountered on Sunday (see my 3-3-19 TR)- it was a much needed shot in the arm. Arrived just after 9 with temp at 13F under bluebird skies and no wind. Conditions were so enjoyable that I skied right to closing time.
Utsayantha was open & bumped up with soft snow-
a1b.jpg
Found a powder stash on Asokan-
a1e.jpg
Wanatuska bumps recovered nicely-
a1c.jpg
Packed pow in the Big T glades-
a1a.jpg
Boot deep pow everywhere in The Glen-
a1d.jpg
I'm so glad that things were slow in the office today because I won't be able to return this weekend. Have a nice time tomorrow!

JimG.

Staff member
I was there too. Yes Utsayantha was great today as were the trees on the western side like Dreamcatcher and Big T. Gondi line and Tomahawk lift line were also excellent. I'm not sure what the deal is with Dreamcatcher it always looks closed but I've been skiing it often and it sure skis well. I asked a patroller if it was open and he kind of just looked at me and then said "best to go in with a friend" but never said yes or no. Great weather!
3819.jpg