• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Magic Mtn VT . 3/8/19

Euler

Made a quick trip to Magic this morning to get some fresh air and sunshine. I was one of only about 10 cars in the lot when I arrived at 8:45, but I was pleasantly surprised to see the main lot was full and there was a row of cars in Lot B when I left close to noon. I sampled:

• Wizard top to bottom...the little chute between the hairpin turns, just above Talisman is in the best shape I've ever seen it. The whole of Wizard is smooth...firm on the steeper sections, no ice.
  • Talisman....gorgeous....skiers left groomed to perfection, skiers right ungroomed baby moguls with firm to icy troughs
  • Broomstick....I don't know how, but it transformed from a luge run of glare ice last Sunday to a well groomed run of nice packed powder
  • Heart of Magician....Like Tali, but no grooming....awesome!
  • The Hallows (trees) . packed powder...tons of snow, no noticeable ice
  • Seance, White Kitten, Disappearing Act: packed powder...tons of snow, no noticeable ice
  • Vertigo: Machine Groomed Powder...
Everything was in great shape and super fun.
Listened to some old Reggae Tunes and skied in the sunshine in March....pretty awesome way to start my day!
!st Photo : The Hallows
FullSizeRender 5.jpg
Second Photo: Heart of Magician
FullSizeRender 2.jpg

Vaughn

I was there all day, pretty great. All the blue cruisers and easy glades were great. Didn't hit the black glades other than Twilight.

Blacks skied and enjoyed: Heart of Magician, Talisman, Broomstick, lower 2/3 of Black Line, Slide of Hans, Lower 1/2 of Red Line (more of a blue?)
Blacks which were ok: Sorcerer (bad visibility early in the day), Twilight
Blacks which I did not enjoy due to ice/moguls vs. my ski level: Witch, Upper Black Line (down past the two big rock bands)

The grooming was awesome, the lift lines non-existent, perfect day in the sun.

I can't conceive of racing Witch to Upper Black line tomorrow - bananas. I would love it if someone posts some videos.

If you want a VHS copy of 'Glengary Glen Ross', there's one along with Jon Secada CD and other random tapes in locker 12. Truly the greatest mystery of the whole place.

NYDB

I was there all day, pretty great. All the blue cruisers and easy glades were great. Didn't hit the black glades other than Twilight.

Blacks skied and enjoyed: Heart of Magician, Talisman, Broomstick, lower 2/3 of Black Line, Slide of Hans, Lower 1/2 of Red Line (more of a blue?)
Blacks which were ok: Sorcerer (bad visibility early in the day), Twilight
Blacks which I did not enjoy due to ice/moguls vs. my ski level: Witch, Upper Black Line (down past the two big rock bands)

The grooming was awesome, the lift lines non-existent, perfect day in the sun.

I can't conceive of racing Witch to Upper Black line tomorrow - bananas. I would love it if someone posts some videos.

If you want a VHS copy of 'Glengary Glen Ross', there's one along with Jon Secada CD and other random tapes in locker 12. Truly the greatest mystery of the whole place.

did you catch the earlier race down BL?.

Straight lining the ledges FTW!