• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

WST: 3/16-17.....Mid-March Madness....

Terry

Awesome day of corn at Shawnee peak yesterday. Started to set up about 3 o'clock so called it a day. Today will be firm groomers.

Smellytele

Thursday (Sugarbush) and Friday (Smuggs) were both great. Stowe on Saturday was the opposite of great. It was hell. took 5 runs (2 off quad, 1 from the gondola and 2 on the Spruce side) and started drinking. It was the worst conditions I have ever skied on.

slatham

Saturday was difficult everywhere - just not enough time to groom and of course no snow.

Today/Sunday at Bromley was way different and way improved. Aggressive grooming and the famous Bromley March sun made for a great day.

cdskier

Saturday at Sugarbush wasn't great...but far from the worst I've ever skied. Earliest runs off Gate House were mostly soft cord. Trails on the Super Bravo side were groomed last and seemed to become chunky in no time. I skied about a dozen runs before calling it a day. Still better than sitting home.

Today was a different story. Received some snow overnight and everything was skiing quite nice this morning. No complaints about today. I even ventured into some bumps and trees which were very skiable.

machski

Saturday at SR was just wacky. Groomers were frozen chord if groomed early on, trails with a late groom or a morning Passover were much better and soft. All natural was mostly open, trails themselves were quite frozen up. But surprisingly, the Eastern woods we're still very soft and fun. Stayed in Hardball and Tango much of the morning. Lines were hell as most of the west was on wind hold. They did open Oz so ventured over there. The trails were frozen and Eureka and Princess had very few ski ruts between the bumps and skied decent. Very top of Oz on TW to Kansas skied the best, had the new natural from the week untracked and skied great after the warmth. The woods on that side though, horrid. Tended to trench in on the turns but was semi frozen so you had to jump air orne to turn. Try to turn in that trench you just cut, forgedabout it! The only stuff that really softened up was Spruce/North and low stuff on Barker/Whitecap by the end. Southpaw was the best for soft spring bumps by the afternoon. Today, well, all natural was pretty much shut, groomers were consistently hard but could find an edge, west was still wind closed so did half a day and called it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

gladerider

yesterday at stratton was pretty bad. boilerplate everywhere. they should have closed some trails in my opinion. was dangerous. blackbear was about the only decent trail and everyone was on it making it real busy.

killington was excellent today in comparison. was a really great day. didn't have much expectations. was going to check out the conditions after a run or two and go home but it was so good we skied the full day.

Glenn

Stratton was scratchy Sunday. The sun was out for a bit, which was nice. A pretty decent breeze going as well. Hadn't been on the hill for two week, so at least it was nice to be on skis. No crowds either.

kingslug

Had a fun 8 hour day taking NRA gun course. Want to get back to going to the range and blasting holes in paper targets. Need some more hobbies when skiing is out.