WST: 3/16-17.....Mid-March Madness.... - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 94
  1. #11
    Friday isn't looking so hot. Rain from CT all the way up to the Canadian boarder. Hoping we can make a go of it Sunday.
    SoVT

  2. #12
    Have a bunch of stuff going on the next week and a half so sitting this one out. Hoping the long range models keep next week's return to winter in tact. Still a ton of snow in NNE so two days of torch won't do us in.
    2003-2004: 21; 2004-2005: 27; 2005-2006: 31; 2006-2007: 31; 2007-2008: 38; 2008-2009: 43; 2009-2010: 42; 2010-2011: 46; 2011-2012: 33; 2012-2013: 26 2013-14: 18; 2014-15: 17; 2015-16: 7; 2016-17: 14; 2017-18: 23; 2018-19

    2019-20 days - 7
    Wachusett: 11/15, 11/21, 12/5
    Stratton: 11/26; Mt. Snow: 12/3
    Killington: 12/8; Sunday River: 1/21

  3. #13
    machski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Northwood, NH (Sunday River, ME)
    Posts
    1,728
    Hope Saturday stays warmer, would make for a good weekend. Have to be up anyway, condo association budget meeting Saturday Apres so giving whatever happens a go.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

  4. #14
    Looking at Killington both saturday and sunday the problem is going to be the winds.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    gladerider

  5. #15
    JimG.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Hopewell Jct., NY
    Posts
    10,463
    Quote Originally Posted by gladerider View Post
    Looking at Killington both saturday and sunday the problem is going to be the winds.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Will be at K on Sunday unless winds are ridiculous.

    Not going on Saturday, last Saturday was a zoo:
    31019.jpg
    Yup, that's the gondola line snaking up the hill past the K1 lodge, pic taken from Snowdon triple after bubble went down. To be very fair we moved south to the Bear and Southridge areas which were less crowded.
    I took that pic to document the insane SS snow spine, you can see the summit pile peeking above the trees at the top.

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter...
    Posts
    2,127
    Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    Will be at K on Sunday unless winds are ridiculous.

    Not going on Saturday, last Saturday was a zoo:
    31019.jpg
    Yup, that's the gondola line snaking up the hill past the K1 lodge, pic taken from Snowdon triple after bubble went down. To be very fair we moved south to the Bear and Southridge areas which were less crowded.
    I took that pic to document the insane SS snow spine, you can see the summit pile peeking above the trees at the top.
    Go to K on Sundays! Locals have told me Fridays and Saturdays have been nuts! We went on a Sunday/Monday the prior weekend and it was awesome!

  7. #17
    What's the chance of lifts running with the winds gusting at 30mph?

    Don't want to drive 4.5 hours and deal with windholds.



    Too far out but doesn't look too promising right now.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    gladerider

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by gladerider View Post
    What's the chance of lifts running with the winds gusting at 30mph?

    Don't want to drive 4.5 hours and deal with windholds.

    Too far out but doesn't look too promising right now.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    30mph is nothing.

    Needs to be 40-45+mph CROSSwind before any wind holds start up...

  9. #19
    JimG.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Hopewell Jct., NY
    Posts
    10,463
    Quote Originally Posted by andrec10 View Post
    Go to K on Sundays! Locals have told me Fridays and Saturdays have been nuts! We went on a Sunday/Monday the prior weekend and it was awesome!
    I was there Sat because my youngest son's last high school ski club trip for the season was there. I think it was my first Sat of the season, normally a weekday or Sunday guy.

    I have nothing but good things to say about the skiing at K this season it has been awesome for me. Very happy with my season pass purchase and will definitely repeat same for next season.

  10. #20
    JimG.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Hopewell Jct., NY
    Posts
    10,463
    Quote Originally Posted by gladerider View Post
    What's the chance of lifts running with the winds gusting at 30mph?

    Don't want to drive 4.5 hours and deal with windholds.

    Too far out but doesn't look too promising right now.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I would agree that those winds are nothing to worry about. Gondola has been running in winds much higher than that all season.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 AM.