WST: 3/16-17.....Mid-March Madness.... - Page 7

AlpineZone

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    I'll just wait for the real spring skiing to begin..
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

While Friday's system isn't ideal, it's looking better than it did earlier in the week. More of a shower event rather than a South to North soaker.
    SoVT

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    While Friday's system isn't ideal, it's looking better than it did earlier in the week. More of a shower event rather than a South to North soaker.
    A shower event for Friday is consistent with what I've been hearing and reading in forecast discussions since last weekend. Nothing changed in the sources I've been listening to. Now to be fair I haven't been looking at forecasts for all of NE and have been focusing only on northern/central VT so maybe it changed in other areas.

Even if it doesn't rain its the warm up then freeze. But thats the way it is..I chose to pass this weekend and hope for a better one next.
    Not that flying down the runs at Stowe when they are slick isn't somewhat fun..just not in the mood.
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Makes me feel better about the fact I'm not free to ski this weekend! (my turn to do weekend support)

Looking at more southern areas like Blue and Jiminy...warm all day Saturday. hmmm...or spend half a day in CT running the bump fest at Sundown. or just stay in and snooze
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

I'd be bored out of my mind staying home. Hoping temps stay just high enough Saturday to prevent too much ice.

Quote Originally Posted by kingslug View Post
    Looking at more southern areas like Blue and Jiminy...warm all day Saturday. hmmm...or spend half a day in CT running the bump fest at Sundown. or just stay in and snooze
    Come down to blue Saturday...I'm panning to be there from about 9 to 1 - maybe a bit longer to see some of the bump competition....

Have a thing Sat. night, so can't stay much longer than that, but I'm hoping for some nice soft bumps and a warm couple hours of skiing.

Are you equidistant from jiminy and blue?

I'm in Stamford so about 2 1/2 either. Might do it.
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Less than month to trout season....just my kind of March Madness, as well as a great month for snow, Somewhere.

SteveD

Thread Information