• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

WST: 3/16-17.....Mid-March Madness....

Glenn

While Friday's system isn't ideal, it's looking better than it did earlier in the week. More of a shower event rather than a South to North soaker.

cdskier

While Friday's system isn't ideal, it's looking better than it did earlier in the week. More of a shower event rather than a South to North soaker.

A shower event for Friday is consistent with what I've been hearing and reading in forecast discussions since last weekend. Nothing changed in the sources I've been listening to. Now to be fair I haven't been looking at forecasts for all of NE and have been focusing only on northern/central VT so maybe it changed in other areas.

kingslug

Even if it doesn't rain its the warm up then freeze. But thats the way it is..I chose to pass this weekend and hope for a better one next.
Not that flying down the runs at Stowe when they are slick isn't somewhat fun..just not in the mood.

kingslug

Looking at more southern areas like Blue and Jiminy...warm all day Saturday. hmmm...or spend half a day in CT running the bump fest at Sundown. or just stay in and snooze

cdskier

I'd be bored out of my mind staying home. Hoping temps stay just high enough Saturday to prevent too much ice.

tnt1234

Looking at more southern areas like Blue and Jiminy...warm all day Saturday. hmmm...or spend half a day in CT running the bump fest at Sundown. or just stay in and snooze

Come down to blue Saturday...I'm panning to be there from about 9 to 1 - maybe a bit longer to see some of the bump competition....

Have a thing Sat. night, so can't stay much longer than that, but I'm hoping for some nice soft bumps and a warm couple hours of skiing.

Are you equidistant from jiminy and blue?

JimG.

Staff member
Less than month to trout season....just my kind of March Madness, as well as a great month for snow, Somewhere.

Ya the trout are calling.

Esopus creek looking fantastic already full with lots of snowmelt to come.

I sense a big brown or rainbow getting attached to one of my hooks come April.

Kleetus

All this Trout talk is getting me thirsty. Not for the fish, but some Trout Town Red from Roscoe brewery!...That is a dang good beer!

kingslug

Come down to blue Saturday...I'm panning to be there from about 9 to 1 - maybe a bit longer to see some of the bump competition....

Have a thing Sat. night, so can't stay much longer than that, but I'm hoping for some nice soft bumps and a warm couple hours of skii

Are you equidistant from jiminy and blue?

Looks good..no honeydo list from wife..might be there. only way to spot me is the helmet full of stickers though..blue jacket with black pants..does not stand out too much..lol...

BenedictGomez

I spent my youth trout fishing in Jersey, and I kind of stopped once I moved from Vermont and into the city.

I need to buy a trout stamp and some new waders and get back in the game.

chuckstah

I stayed local today to avoid the freeze fest up North and hit Crotched. Ended up getting a complete Easter meal. Corn, yep. Mashed potatoes, o yah. Plenty of ice for the drinks, check. Good variable day. Natural terrain and some glades are hanging on by a thread. Even got the Easter ham after skiing at the passholder party. IMG_20190316_155039933.jpgIMG_20190316_155034044_HDR.jpg

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using AlpineZone mobile app

tnt1234

Oh well..sitting this one out..take the car for a spin..

You didn't miss much. Totally frozen until 11. I have to leave at 1. 11-1 was soft, and the bump line was OK. Heard the afternoon was soft all over and fun.

slatham

SoVT frozen and given timing etc. grooming had little effect. Windy cloudy frozen. Couple runs and out.

mulva

I wouldn't have paid but Killington groomers were fine today for pass holders. Skied Bear and Needles from 11-3 and it was mostly granular sugar on the sides and sometimes nice piles or corned up bump lines further towards the middle. After 4 seasons of Killington, I can kind of sense where the good snow will be and it was there. I wonder what another groom/till will do for tomorrow. Probably not worth it unless it's already paid for.