• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jackson Hole - Airport Transfer

Zermatt

I'm skiing in Jackson Hole this weekend and flying out Sunday afternoon at 130pm.

We are staying in downtown Jackson and i'm thinking about skiing Sunday for a few hours before my flight. Is this doable and what are the best options for getting to the airport?

Should I leave my bag at the hotel or is there a good place to keep bags at the resort? If left at the resort I could skip stopping at the hotel on the way to the airport.

How early do you need to get to JAC airport and what is the most reliable way to get there (more reliable means I can ski longer).

I have an Ikon Pass so not worried about only skiing 2-2.5 hours.

AdironRider

I'm skiing in Jackson Hole this weekend and flying out Sunday afternoon at 130pm.

We are staying in downtown Jackson and i'm thinking about skiing Sunday for a few hours before my flight. Is this doable and what are the best options for getting to the airport?

Should I leave my bag at the hotel or is there a good place to keep bags at the resort? If left at the resort I could skip stopping at the hotel on the way to the airport.

How early do you need to get to JAC airport and what is the most reliable way to get there (more reliable means I can ski longer).

I have an Ikon Pass so not worried about only skiing 2-2.5 hours.

Your only option is a cab to and from the airport. These are not going to feel cheap. Plan on 60-70 bucks each way for trips to Jackson proper, and 75-90 for trips from the village where the ski resort is (it is a 45 minute cab ride from the village if the cost is shocking). Your hotel might offer a shuttle which is probably worth the hassle of waiting for it.

There is nowhere to leave your bags at the village. You will want to boot up at your hotel and take the bus (hotel shuttle or START) everyday, not just Sunday. There is no base lodge like you see back east AT ALL. There are tiny lockers for shoes if you must that cost like 5-10 bucks for a one time use (as in you can open the door once, not per day). Trust me on this, boot up at the hotel regardless of whether you think it is annoying or not.

Our airport is small, so getting there about an hour prior should not be a problem. That being said you'll need to be off the mountain by like 11 realistically to make it with time for changing and getting your stuff at the hotel.

Zermatt

Your only option is a cab to and from the airport. These are not going to feel cheap. Plan on 60-70 bucks each way for trips to Jackson proper, and 75-90 for trips from the village where the ski resort is (it is a 45 minute cab ride from the village if the cost is shocking). Your hotel might offer a shuttle which is probably worth the hassle of waiting for it.

There is nowhere to leave your bags at the village. You will want to boot up at your hotel and take the bus (hotel shuttle or START) everyday, not just Sunday. There is no base lodge like you see back east AT ALL. There are tiny lockers for shoes if you must that cost like 5-10 bucks for a one time use (as in you can open the door once, not per day). Trust me on this, boot up at the hotel regardless of whether you think it is annoying or not.

Our airport is small, so getting there about an hour prior should not be a problem. That being said you'll need to be off the mountain by like 11 realistically to make it with time for changing and getting your stuff at the hotel.

Thanks. This is generally what I was thinking.

Will leave my bags at the hotel and use their shuttle to/from the mountain. Plan to be off the mountain by 11 and then pick up transport from Jackson to the airport. I have a few days to test it and see how feasible it is.