Article on "mega pass" being bad for the sport - Page 20

AlpineZone

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
    This is why we go to PC as a base..yrs tge epic pass is a big factor..but 7300 acres is also a big factor..that and no crazy canyon drive...PC...gets snow..and they have steeps..jupiter peak is a 45 degree drop and an easy climb..other areas have plenty of vertical..i prefer more runs and less crowds now..altabird..midweek

Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post
    I believe trailboss was being ironic.

Everybody park on the shoulder instead of paying to park in the lot.
    Exactly. How Alterra fix the crowding problem at Solitude? By dumping it on the rest of us. These are folks who don't want to pay to park and are on the side of Utah 190 causing a real safety issue, especially in weather.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    How Alterra fix the crowding problem at Solitude? By dumping it on the rest of us. These are folks who don't want to pay to park and are on the side of Utah 190 causing a real safety issue, especially in weather.
    The best part was only announcing the not-insignificant fee after everyone had paid in full for their non-refundable season passes. LOL.

The second best part is they're trying to pawn it off as being done for the environment, though reading the FB announcement, there were some people stupid enough to actually believe that.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    not-insignificant
    I believe the word is significant, irregardless , are you sure this isn't Platty's access road? Oh, wait, I think they park on both sides there. I think they got rid of the $10 parking in the lot near the lodge at Gore.

As far as all this consolidation goes, I'm not a fan. Now if Greek sells to one, and Elk sells to the other, I might change my tune. If that were to happen, I'd alternate between Epic and Ikon. I am happy that Greek is now a Freedom Pass member. I ask everyone with a season pass at Greek if they are aware. Most aren't, Greek doesn't really advertise the perk, and Greek still isn't listed as a mountain on the Freedom Pass website. Hopefully there won't be a hassle trying to redeem. Of the three east coast mountains, Bolton Valley, Magic, and Plattekill, from past experience I know where to anticipate a hassle, Platty.

For any other Freedom Pass members here, don't expect to be comped at Platty on a "Powderdaize", I was denied after Stella as a Freedom Pass member. Apparently Laszlo doesn't know the meaning of unrestricted. He claimed it was a "special day", not normally open.tapatalk_1576407197924.jpeg

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using AlpineZone mobile app
    Leave no turn unstoned!

https://www.sltrib.com/news/environm.../#twt-comments

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Thread Information