• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Belleayre 3-13-19: good woods, still!

legalskier

With the forecast threatening to decimate the cover in Belle's natural areas, I could almost hear the clock ticking so decided to take a day & get while the gettin's good. There are priorities in life, after all. Arrived before 10 with temp at 26F but expected to rise to 39, so my game plan was to ski the groomers early while the sun- hopefully- would soften things up enough to hit the natural areas later.
Frozen cord greeted me on the groomers...
bm6.jpg
...while chattery crud rudely treated my boards in the frozen bumps. By late morning Cathedral Brook was in very good shape and softening up...
bm2.jpg
I was darting in & out testing areas on the edge of the Glen. There were tracks in there, but they were frozen- the fresh, untracked areas near them actually proved much more agreeable. Just before lunch I found the ROTD- Tomahawk Liftline, which was deserted as the lift has been down...
bm1.jpg
After lunch I resolved to ski the glades/trees exclusively- from Dreamcatcher Glades to Belleayre Glades & Winisook Glades, all were in good skiable shape. But it was the woods that stood out...
bm3.jpg
As I had hoped, the prior tracks had softened up nicely by now.
bm4.jpg
^^^Most of it, though, was untracked virgin snow.
I'm not sure how deep the snow is in there but hopefully deep enough to go on for a while.

Last edited: