• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Saddleback, new buyer interested and letter sent to condo owners

danimals

Can’t wait to be told a deal is weeks away and plans to open in December are in place just to have radio silence come December.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edd

I’m hopeful AF. Has any northeast mountain the size and elevation of Saddleback ever gone NELSAP? It’s just tragic to watch it rot.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

deadheadskier

Staff member
Not that I'm aware of. Tied for second place is probably Ascutney and now Hermitage/Haystack.

Even if the sale goes through, I would have my doubts about opening for next season. There has got to be an extreme amount of deferred maintenance to catch up with, especially in regards to the Rangeley chair.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Jully

And we know from Peaks that any new lift purchased is on a two year back order right??? (Sarcasm).

Agree with the cautious optimism. The buyer was found through the same people who do BMOM which is well done. Plus after so much silence and no news, they wouldn't announce anything that wasn't serious.

x10003q

I am confused by this line in the article:
"• There is significant support from nonprofits and the broader community to help pay for improvements to the chairlift system."

So Arcteris can afford to buy Saddleback without any State of Maine support programs, but they need more help for the lifts?

machski

I am confused by this line in the article:
"• There is significant support from nonprofits and the broader community to help pay for improvements to the chairlift system."

So Arcteris can afford to buy Saddleback without any State of Maine support programs, but they need more help for the lifts?
Bingo, sounds fishy again....

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

Vaughn

Can't wait for the Dream Big or Leap of Faith pass covering Balsams, Tenney and Saddleback, available soon.*

* specifics TBD.