• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Indy Ski Pass

snoseek

It looks like it has some sweet cruiser runs
Wide open fall line high speed cruisers with not alot of run out. Days like that can be fun every once in awhile. Those kind of days happen more than anyone is willing to admit around here. FWIW if there's any sort of good fresh snow this is not the place to spend your time.

That top lift is pretty lame. They should've expanded on that ridgeline instead of green peak imo

2planks2coasts

It does. It's not a big experts playground, but it's a fun mountain. Not sure why the hatred of the place seen here. The blues seem to have more pitch than those at BW. My biggest complaint about the place is the slog from the parking lots and their ridiculous pass pricing. If they ever actually build the gondola from the village, it will be even better.

Zand

Theres a few decent ones but most of them have no flow at all. Tippecanoe and And Tyler Too look like they should be good but last like 1500 feet before merging and splitting into other trails.

I like the terrain off the triple, but again very short. Never skied Lower Bobbys or any of the glades so maybe those would improve my opinion of it. But overall the place just skis really small and it's only 20 more minutes to a better mountain (Loon) and a vastly better mountain (Cannon).

Oh and the post above reminded me how much I hate their damn parking lot.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Waterville leaves a lot to be desired. In its hey day it was known for being a great mountain for racing. I recall a few women's world cup races there.

It's struggled to find it's identity since then.
That said, spring bumps on True Grit are pretty great.

The additions of Waterville and Saddleback to Indy has me considering changing my pass plans for next winter. I was going to do White Mountain Superpass. Now leaning NH resident Cannon + Indy.

snoseek

Waterville leaves a lot to be desired. In its hey day it was known for being a great mountain for racing. I recall a few women's world cup races there.

It's struggled to find it's identity since then.
That said, spring bumps on True Grit are pretty great.

The additions of Waterville and Saddleback to Indy has me considering changing my pass plans for next winter. I was going to do White Mountain Superpass. Now leaning NH resident Cannon + Indy.
I'll go back and forth on this a million times but I'll probably do the same. There's a ton of variety in that mix.

KustyTheKlown

indy is approaching too good to be true territory. i dont understand the economics of it at all or how there is enough money to go around. or if its just a marketing play for the ski areas to get new people who will pay for ancillary stuff and future visits.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'll go back and forth on this a million times but I'll probably do the same. There's a ton of variety in that mix.
Probably a couple hundred bucks cheaper and even more for you with Veterans discount.

Swapping out anytime access to Bretton Woods, Waterville and Cranmore for two days at BV, Magic, Jay, Pat's, Black NH, Waterville and Saddleback seems like a no brainer for me. And there's plenty of other options on the pass too.

We will mainly be skiing Cannon as I intend on enrolling ours kids in seasonal programs there, but having some other options for 8-10 days elsewhere is desired.

snoseek

Probably a couple hundred bucks cheaper and even more for you with Veterans discount.

Swapping out anytime access to Bretton Woods, Waterville and Cranmore for two days at BV, Magic, Jay, Pat's, Black NH, Waterville and Saddleback seems like a no brainer for me. And there's plenty of other options on the pass too.

We will mainly be skiing Cannon as I intend on enrolling ours kids in seasonal programs there, but having some other options for 8-10 days elsewhere is desired.
If prices remain the same the whole thing would be under 500 dollars which seems criminally cheap. maybe pick up one of those smuggs cards as well

Zermatt

No idea what pricing will be or what incentives Ikon will offer to renew but I'm thinking about Indy + Mountain Collective

That gives me weekend trips to Magic, Jay and Sugarbush

6 days in Jackson Hole, 2 at Snow King, 2 at JH and at Grand Targhee

3 days at Revelstoke (assuming they still do a 3 day at one resort deal) plus 50% off additional days

Plus access to local mountains close to home.

xlr8r

I am no fan of Waterville, but am actually looking forward to going there once or twice a season going forward on Indy. I have yet to ski there since Green Peak was built, also I am curious about high country now that it has a fast T-Bar up there instead of a slow double. The main Mountain is good for high speed cruising with a steeper pitch than places like Sunapee and Gunstock. Hopefully the crowds are low enough on the weekend to lap White Peaks Express without having to waiting in 1/2 long lines.

I expect Indy to at least be $299 next season. No way it stays at $199. The additions of Waterville and Saddleback really have me wondering why Burke has not joined. Burke is going to be even further off people's radar. In listening to the Storm Podcast, it seems like the enticing reason for resorts to join Indy Pass is that the Indy Pass holders are going to resorts they otherwise would not go to. Pats Peak says 80% of their Indy Pass Skiers last season had never been there before. Using myself as an example, I have this season gone to Pats, Berkshire East, and Cannon, and will go to WV. Cannon is the only one out of those four that I would have considered going to this season and in future seasons and bought a ticket. So Berkshire East, Pats and WV are gaining business from me they otherwise would never have gotten.

Killingtime

indy is approaching too good to be true territory. i dont understand the economics of it at all or how there is enough money to go around. or if its just a marketing play for the ski areas to get new people who will pay for ancillary stuff and future visits.
I thought it was too good to be true when I picked it up last year. This year was easy.

machski

Wide open fall line high speed cruisers with not alot of run out. Days like that can be fun every once in awhile. Those kind of days happen more than anyone is willing to admit around here. FWIW if there's any sort of good fresh snow this is not the place to spend your time.

That top lift is pretty lame. They should've expanded on that ridgeline instead of green peak imo
Well, Green Peak is mostly outside of Bicknell's Thrush elevations. Tecumseh itself has issues with them, so much so that the GM said on the SSPC yesterday that the replacements of White Peaks and Sunnyside will be two year projects each because of restricted build windows. Green is important to finally link the village to the mountain. It's only been in the plans for over 3 decades

machski

Heard they will have a spring pass option March 1st. Might have to pick one up now with 3 easy days options from the house, one a bit more but an area I'd like to check out (Black NH). And planning to do Saddleback in March. Will be remiss I won't be able to use days in VT but plenty now elsewhere that doesn't require any Quarantine/Testing for me now.

2planks2coasts

Heard they will have a spring pass option March 1st. Might have to pick one up now with 3 easy days options from the house, one a bit more but an area I'd like to check out (Black NH). And planning to do Saddleback in March. Will be remiss I won't be able to use days in VT but plenty now elsewhere that doesn't require any Quarantine/Testing for me now.
Spring pass is on the website. $149. It has blackout dates at several mountains. Still a pretty sweet deal.

KustyTheKlown

nice. i've used 2 bolton, 1 magic, 1 jay, 1 berkshire. will use 2nd magic, 2nd jay, both cannons for sure. so 11 days. i ended up only paying $150 bc i called their attention to a glitch in their system and they gave me a bonus for it. $13 a day. sick.

urungus

I expect Indy to at least be $299 next season. No way it stays at $199. The additions of Waterville and Saddleback really have me wondering why Burke has not joined. Burke is going to be even further off people's radar. In listening to the Storm Podcast, it seems like the enticing reason for resorts to join Indy Pass is that the Indy Pass holders are going to resorts they otherwise would not go to. Pats Peak says 80% of their Indy Pass Skiers last season had never been there before. Using myself as an example, I have this season gone to Pats, Berkshire East, and Cannon, and will go to WV. Cannon is the only one out of those four that I would have considered going to this season and in future seasons and bought a ticket. So Berkshire East, Pats and WV are gaining business from me they otherwise would never have gotten.

Mountains leaving the Indy Pass may help keep next seasons price down. I suspect several mountains joined for COVID-related reasons. For instance, Jay may decide to leave when the border finally reopens and they regain access to the Canadian Market.

urungus

In listening to the Storm Podcast, it seems like the enticing reason for resorts to join Indy Pass is that the Indy Pass holders are going to resorts they otherwise would not go to. Pats Peak says 80% of their Indy Pass Skiers last season had never been there before. Using myself as an example, I have this season gone to Pats, Berkshire East, and Cannon, and will go to WV. Cannon is the only one out of those four that I would have considered going to this season and in future seasons and bought a ticket. So Berkshire East, Pats and WV are gaining business from me they otherwise would never have gotten.

Seems logical, but I wonder how Pats Peak is coming up with that 80% figure ? Like, how would they know whether or not I had paid cash at the window for a lift ticket 5 years ago ?

2planks2coasts

Seems logical, but I wonder how Pats Peak is coming up with that 80% figure ? Like, how would they know whether or not I had paid cash at the window for a lift ticket 5 years ago ?
Pat's Peak sent a survey last year to Indypass users asking if they had visited prior to their Indy visit. The 80% figure comes from those survey results.

chuckstah

They asked me if it was my first visit when I got my Indy ticket at the window. It was my second visit, but many years apart.