• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Indy Ski Pass

abc

How long were the lines when you were there? I've only been there on a weekend. No lines except maybe minute or two a the chair to the left. That was like 8 years ago. Has it become more popular? At the time there was almost no lodging available in the area. Center of Calgary is about 2.5, which is further than Lake Louis. To get to Lake Louise you have to pass Olympic Park, Nakiska, Sunshine and Norquay. Would be surprised if Castle is now crowded on weekends with some many closer options for a relatively small cit"y.
"Crowded" in the west is different from the east. I've never waited long enough on line that I need to look at the clock on ANY mountains out west (perhaps except Whistler). If it's more than 20 deep (on the single's line, if there's one), I'd call that "crowded". That said, I don't ski on Christmas or President's day week/weekend, east or west. So my definition of "crowd" is decidedly lower than many.

I was there on a Friday. Some lift were on wind hold. So there were line on some of the lifts. No long by my standard. But the people I chatted with while waiting said it'd be more crowded the next day (Saturday they were talking about). It's in the context of Alberta/BC.

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

But indy resorts had no "epic" crowds even on weekends. Also how many days did you ski to get it to 15? I got the indy pass to under 12 in 17 days. It is more of a add on to a regular season pass for most.

In VT I would rather ski Magic and Bolton then Okemo or Mt Snow. Stowe is nice but the stories of the crowds weren't great. And Jay is a good substitute for Stowe.

In NH the horror stories of Wildcat (which I do love) and Attitrash were epic as well. Cannon which in my top 2 in NH was on the pass. Not a fan of Sunapee but it is similar to Waterville. Black is better than the crotch terrain wise.

So in those 2 states the "generally better" sways to the Indy pass.

Then Maine has no Epic and Indy now has Saddleback. Also no Epic in Mass and Mass has Catamount and Berkshire East.

Now if you include Colorado Epic has it all covered where Indy has nothing. But I like what Indy has in the east better.
Skied 40 days on Epic out of 41 days skied - 10.mpre than ever before. And can't really complain about lines as I got more avg vertical per day than ever before. It was an Wesome Skison.

Killingtime

I think here is a high probability West Mountain will be on the Indy pass next year based on the latest Storm Skiing Podcast. I've only been there once. To be honest I can't remember any trail that I thought was great. If I'm in that area I'm going to Gore, but I guess having options is a good thing.

urungus

Today is the day next years pricing and new resorts will be posted. Anyone know what time the announcement will be made ?

cdskier

Today is the day next years pricing and new resorts will be posted. Anyone know what time the announcement will be made ?
I heard 1PM.

Pricing is actually already on their site it looks like if you go to the estore. ($279 for the early price on the normal Indy Pass)

cdskier

$279 is still a good deal. Fingers crossed for good additions today!

Yea...even if you only had 6 days on it you're still under $50 a day which I'd consider good when you look at day ticket prices these days.

Killingtime

Don't believe me then!
I already suspected West because they mentioned it on the podcast with Storm Skiing last week. Powder is a big score. Another thing to consider is that the Indy Pass tends to add more places as the fall approaches. I don't think this will be the final line-up for 21/22.

Zand

Powder Mountain is the big one, they added West Mountain in NY and Mt Ashland in OR as well.
PowMow would be worth a trip on a Saturday when the cottonwoods are stupid busy.

Still holding out hope for an MRG addition at some point.

xlr8r

Looking at the faq page you can see which mountains have blackouts on the base pass. Cannon is blacked out all weekends in January and February. There are a lot more blackout mountains next season.

https://www.indyskipass.com/faq/

jaytrem

Glad to see every area is also officially back for another season. They lost 3 last year. I've been keeping track of Indy and Cooper pass areas. $119 for kids is nice for me, $279 adult is not terrible either. Used it for 17 days this past year, so obviously a great deal for me. Only way I won't buy if if the Cooper pass is even better.

cdskier

Looking at the faq page you can see which mountains have blackouts on the base pass. Cannon is blacked out all weekends in January and February. There are a lot more blackout mountains next season.

https://www.indyskipass.com/faq/

That's interesting... Saddleback is blacked out all weekends in Jan/Feb as well (assuming that is a typo in the FAQ and it is actually supposed to be Saddleback, ME not MN).

A bunch of holiday blackouts too at some eastern areas this year.

PAabe

This announcement is not quite as exciting for the Northeast as I had hoped but to be fair it was priced pretty inexpensively last year.
Powder Mountain and West Mountain seem pretty cool and all though.