• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Indy Ski Pass

urungus

Good deal. Would be useful to know exactly how many additional discounted lift tickets each resort is offering, right now the website just says “minimum of one”

Dirty White Boy

I would really like to see the ORDA resorts on it, but would be pretty happy to see Plattekill there.

No to putting ORDA on it (well, Belleayre is fine because.......Belleayre). And I could care less about Plattekill so go ahead and throw it on it as well. Attract the NJ/LI/NYC crowd to the places south of, say, Albany.

Last edited:

rebel1916

No to putting ORDA on it (well, Belleayre is fine because.......Belleayre). And I could care less about Plattekill so go ahead and throw it on it as well. Attract the NJ/LI/NYC crowd to the places south of, say, Albany.

That's not who is buying this pass. The kind of people on the East Coast who would buy this pass care about Platty.

p_levert

Indy pass says they now have 44 ski areas, up from 36. However, if you count the areas, they only list 39 ski areas. WTF?

In this latest round, it appears that the additions are Mohawk Mtn CT, Powder Ridge MN, Terry Peak SD.

Harvey

Website
nyskiblog.com
Plattekill considered this option carefully and decided not to participate.

We are going to be doing an interview with Doug Fish, the guy behind the Indy Pass. If you have questions that you think make sense I'd love to hear them. (I'm guessing he won't share the specifics of revenue sharing.)

JimG.

Staff member

Good for Plattekill!

If they were open 7 days a week instead of Fri-Sun I would definitely get a Platty season pass, but as a weekday skier it makes no sense for me.

p_levert

We are going to be doing an interview with Doug Fish, the guy behind the Indy Pass. If you have questions that you think make sense I'd love to hear them. (I'm guessing he won't share the specifics of revenue sharing.)

I certainly hope the Indy Pass succeeds. I guess my comments for Mr. Fish would be:

1. Keep the website updated properly. As I mentioned, they claimed a total of 44 ski areas, then only showed 39 by name. Today, it's back to 36 total, but still 39 listed in the East/West/Midwest sections.

2. They should expand the marketing to Twitter, easy and cheap thing to do.

3. I signed up for their email updates and never got any.

4. If they get their computer system working properly, maybe they could do something to help out the Freedom Pass people. That pass?? is a screwed up mess.

Killingtime

I'm going to pull the trigger on this one. Has a couple of smaller places that I have always wanted to visit, mainly Magic, B-East and Catamount. It would be great to see Platte on this too. Maybe they will merge with the Freedom Pass at some point.

jaytrem

Couple more midwest places on there now, and Ober Gatlinberg. Keep em coming!

camberstick

Price point is just right on this I think-Hard to lose . Magic is a no brainer, always wanted to check out Berkshire east and Bolton. The western offerings around Spokane look really interesting too. Anyone been to silver ,brundage or penticon?

jaytrem

Anyone been to silver ,brundage or penticon?

Yes, Spokane safari type trip is probably my #1 for a repeat. No crowds! I'll wait until Lookout Pass finishes it's big expansion though.

Edd

Yes, Spokane safari type trip is probably my #1 for a repeat. No crowds! I'll wait until Lookout Pass finishes it's big expansion though.

I’ve pondered doing this many times. Seems cheap, even without a pass. What’s the list of places you hit?

jaytrem

I’ve pondered doing this many times. Seems cheap, even without a pass. What’s the list of places you hit?

Hmmm, was quite a while ago, good time fir a memory test. I did in and out if Seattle, dropped friends at Spokane and picked up others in Missoula.

Stevens Pass
Mission Ridge
White Pass
Spokane
Silver
Lookout
Lost Trail
Maverick
Discovery
Snowbowl
Whitefish
Blacktail
Turner
Schwietzer
49 North
Summit Pass

Might have missed 1 or 2. Great trip!

Edd

Oh, wow, you killed it. Haven’t heard of half of those.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone