Indy Ski Pass - Page 5

AlpineZone

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Indy Ski Pass

Today's additions are Schuss MI, Swiss Valley MI, Ober Gatlinburg TN, Shawnee PA.

44 resorts claimed on first page, I count 43 in the different sections, getting close

While this Independent pass will never be a serious threat to EPIC or IKON, at 44 resorts you start to take notice.

If they continue to strategically geographically add, I could definitely see this thing bleeding EPIC & IKON around the edges in a not insignificant way.

It's perfect for IKON or EPIC folks who have doubts they can hit the $700'ish value, or simply for those who only ski 5 or 10 days a year (i.e. most people) and see $200 versus $700 as a dramatic difference. Not as great mountains you say? Of course, but many in that group wont care about that in the least. In fact, I see marketing dollars as their greatest current hurdle. Everyone knows EPIC & IKON, nobodies heard of Indy.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by p_levert View Post
    Today's additions are Schuss MI, Swiss Valley MI, Ober Gatlinburg TN, Shawnee PA.

44 resorts claimed on first page, I count 43 in the different sections, getting close
    Well I already have an Ikon and I guess my Peak will become Epic. I think I just need to pick this up and quit my job!

if they add something like plattekill, i'm in. catamount and b-east arent moving the needle for me. magic and bolton are. but i'm thinking that a magic 4-pack and the lake champlain card will be all i need to round out my ikon. regrets re: missing stowe this year - oh well. jay im happy to pay for a day, especially if i have burke on the champlain.

Quote Originally Posted by jaytrem View Post
    Well I already have an Ikon and I guess my Peak will become Epic. I think I just need to pick this up and quit my job!
    I'm feeling the need of quitting even with the "new" Epic (aka Peak)!

Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    if they add something like plattekill, i'm in.
    Not happening, this year.

According to the Unofficial Networks article, the missing ski area is Cannonsburg MI. And this opens up another "hotspot": Grand Rapids MI, where the pass can be used at Cannonsburg, Swiss Valley, Caberfae and Schuss, all within two hours or so. The other hotspots are Spokane, Minneapolis, Wisconsin and Albany. Otherwise, for many people, the card is a little difficult to pay off, or at least difficult to save big.

Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    if they add something like plattekill, i'm in.
    Same.

For 2 days each at Platty & Magic, and 1 day at Bolton make it worth it for me.

Plus a call option on a day or 2 at Shawnee if it's the one in three years when they actually get hit with a storm and/or decent conditions.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

I'd be in if they gave us options ala "East", "West", "Midwest" and "Full Pass". At adjusted pricing.

No intentions of getting on a plane any time soon, although some of the western resorts sound nice, I only care about adding a few more to the Northeast selection.

Otherwise the Northeast participating resorts are mostly ones that already offer abundant cheap ticket deals.

Thread Information