Indy Ski Pass - Page 6

AlpineZone

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Indy Ski Pass

How is Burke not a part of this?????

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    I'd be in if they gave us options ala "East", "West", "Midwest" and "Full Pass". At adjusted pricing.

No intentions of getting on a plane any time soon, although some of the western resorts sound nice, I only care about adding a few more to the Northeast selection.

Otherwise the Northeast participating resorts are mostly ones that already offer abundant cheap ticket deals.
    Dude its $200. How much cheaper do you expect them to make it? Its a good deal, it comes down to whether the mountains interest you. Im in if they add one more VT or Catskills

Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    Dude it’s $200. How much cheaper do you expect them to make it? It’s a good deal, it comes down to whether the mountains interest you. I’m in if they add one more VT or Catskills
    I had the same thought. $200 is as low as anyone should expect them to go.

Quote Originally Posted by VTKilarney View Post
    I had the same thought. $200 is as low as anyone should expect them to go.
    They are practically giving this thing away. Costs more than $200 to take the wife out for a steak dinner. This is a really cheap way for me to hit a few places in VT and MA that I just haven't found time to visit. I'm in on this. If they can add a few more places that would be great. Windham? the ORDA's? How many more independents are left? Vail and Ikon are locking up most of the big ones now.

Yeah it's just not that enticing even at $200, considering I'd only use it for Bolton Valley, Berkshire East, and Magic.

Bolton Valley hands out $29 tickets like candy. Berkshire East I never pay more than 1/2 price anyway. Magic I'll visit on my Fox44/Champlain card, or else maybe use a VT pass.

I'm not saying it SUCKS, but for an eastern skier not looking to ski beginner hills or travel south, I get more bang for the buck and options elsewhere without the redundancy.

For different skiers with different plans it can obviously be a fantastic deal.

Black Mountain, NH was just added to this pass. One more good one and I'm in next season.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by chuckstah View Post
    Black Mountain, NH was just added to this pass. One more good one and I'm in next season.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using AlpineZone mobile app
    Yeah I just picked up this pass yesterday mostly for Magic and BV but Black looks good too. I haven't been to any of the places on this pass ever so it will be a good way to explore a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    Yeah it's just not that enticing even at $200, considering I'd only use it for Bolton Valley, Berkshire East, and Magic.

Bolton Valley hands out $29 tickets like candy. Berkshire East I never pay more than 1/2 price anyway. Magic I'll visit on my Fox44/Champlain card, or else maybe use a VT pass.

I'm not saying it SUCKS, but for an eastern skier not looking to ski beginner hills or travel south, I get more bang for the buck and options elsewhere without the redundancy.

For different skiers with different plans it can obviously be a fantastic deal.
    For all the grief Vail Corp gets, they know what it takes to drive people to buy passes. One of them is not to “hand out discount day tickets like candy”!

I know for me, it’s indeed those “candy tickets” that UN-motivated me from buying passes in the past. For the casual skiers who only ski less than 10 days, or those move around many mountains, the calculation doesn’t always favor buying passes.

Added Mt. Abram in Maine, price increase tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by p_levert View Post
    Added Mt. Abram in Maine, price increase tomorrow.
    Yep! Gonna re-arrange my N. Conway week to include that now.

Thread Information