• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Indy Ski Pass

cdskier

I've heard that one of the ones in the east being announced is "significant". Popular guesses floating around include Saddleback, Smuggs or Jay.

Smellytele

My son got some email from Jay saying something about Indy but I blew it off saying “what are you talking about? That’s foolish.” It didn’t have much info in it but will look at it closer now.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Smellytele

Here is what was in the email...

One month left to get your Indy Pass with $10 NB Credit

There's only 30 days left to lock in this great deal. If you haven't heard, we've partnered with the Indy Pass to offer this exclusive deal to No Boundaries members. The Indy Pass gets you 2 days at 50+ fantastic independent mountains across North America (9 of which are in New England) for only $199 for adults and $99 for kids. If you purchase your Indy Pass through No Boundaries, we'll throw in a credit for $10 that can be used on any of our daily deals this season (dates and locations TBD).

Click here for all the details

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Cobbold

If you look at the https://www.indyskipass.com main page, it actually states "New Resort To Be Announced Monday!" (single, not plural). So just one new resort on Monday.

I would guess it would be Jay Peak.

Jay would be wild, having jay and cannon on the Indy pass for New England is fantastic in my opinion, my opinion and twenty dollars gets you a coffee at Starbucks, mostly the twenty bucks though,lol

Killingtime

Jay would be wild, having jay and cannon on the Indy pass for New England is fantastic in my opinion, my opinion and twenty dollars gets you a coffee at Starbucks, mostly the twenty bucks though,lol

My gut is telling me its going to be Bousquet due to the Berkshire East/Catamount relationship but Jay or Smuggs would be sick. I've already booked my trip to Cannon/Black. Trying to fit a day in to check out Pats too. This Indy Pass thing is working out pretty well.

2planks2coasts

My gut is telling me its going to be Bousquet due to the Berkshire East/Catamount relationship but Jay or Smuggs would be sick. I've already booked my trip to Cannon/Black. Trying to fit a day in to check out Pats too. This Indy Pass thing is working out pretty well.

Bousquet does seem to make sense. Not a bad little addition, even if not on the same scale as Jay.

Cobbold

Bousquet does seem to make sense. Not a bad little addition, even if not on the same scale as Jay.

Be shocked if Bousquet is not part of the Indy pass due to the fact her sister mtns are on it, due to the border closing would be shocked if jay does not join, the gm of mad river glen said if it wasn’t for Covid 19 they would be on the Indy pass, (see gm interview on storm skier podcast).

machski

It is not, Storm Skiing Journal is the announcement venue tomorrow (Storm Skiing Podcast) and Stuart will have a Podcast with the resort GM after the announcement. I'd say that confirms an East area and a fairly big one if he is fired up to send an email today baiting the announcement tomorrow.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

p_levert

It is not, Storm Skiing Journal is the announcement venue tomorrow (Storm Skiing Podcast) and Stuart will have a Podcast with the resort GM after the announcement. I'd say that confirms an East area and a fairly big one if he is fired up to send an email today baiting the announcement tomorrow.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

What he said. Indy pass and Storm Skiing are making a big deal out of this one. So I assume we have to be on a par with the best of the existing Eastern mountains. I would say the best of the existing pack is Cannon. So who stands up to Cannon? That could only be Jay Peak, plus JP is hurting right now because of border closures.

Steve Wright of JP is a cool guy, so should be a good podcast.

urungus

What he said. Indy pass and Storm Skiing are making a big deal out of this one. So I assume we have to be on a par with the best of the existing Eastern mountains. I would say the best of the existing pack is Cannon. So who stands up to Cannon? That could only be Jay Peak, plus JP is hurting right now because of border closures.

Could also be Smuggs.

p_levert

Could also be Smuggs.

Not impossible. However, based on the hype around this, I would still say Jay Peak. Jay Peak is a bigger name and in the same class as Cannon. Smuggs is good, maybe even as good as JP, but it doesn't have the same sex appeal (blame their marketing dept. for that).

Hey, I've been wrong before. The addition of Smuggs would be a nice incentive for Burlington skiers to pick up the pass.

snoseek

Saddleback is my guess. Jay would be awesome though. Either one and I'm in.

BenedictGomez

Jay Peak makes the most sense due to the fact they're desperate. Smuggs also gets a nice chunk of revenue from Canucks too though, so I'd go with one of those two.

Cobbold

Not impossible. However, based on the hype around this, I would still say Jay Peak. Jay Peak is a bigger name and in the same class as Cannon. Smuggs is good, maybe even as good as JP, but it doesn't have the same sex appeal (blame their marketing dept. for that).

Hey, I've been wrong before. The addition of Smuggs would be a nice incentive for Burlington skiers to pick up the pass.[/QUOTE

Jay peak is way above Smuggs in my opinion, Smuggs is like skiing the old Bousquet but on a big mtn.