• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Indy Ski Pass

crazy

If the Indy Pass had all of Magic, Bolton Valley, Black Mountain, and Mount Abram on it a few months ago when I was finalizing passes I would have bought it for sure.

This thing complements the Ikon Pass really well. Like, ski at Magic on Saturday, and then Stratton on Sunday (or swap these for Mount Abram/Sunday River, Bolton Valley/Sugarbush, well nothing really close to Black Mountain).

I'll be picking one of these up next year for sure.

2planks2coasts

This thing complements the Ikon Pass really well. Like, ski at Magic on Saturday, and then Stratton on Sunday (or swap these for Mount Abram/Sunday River, Bolton Valley/Sugarbush, well nothing really close to Black Mountain).

I'll be picking one of these up next year for sure.

Abram /SR aren't too far from Black. I've skied SR from N Conway fairly easily. Hour-ish??

Killingtime

Nice write up about this year's Indy Pass lineup: https://skiing.substack.com//indy-pass-solidifies-second-year

Yeah, picking up two passes this coming weekend. Had a nice email exchange with Doug Fish a few weeks back and he said there are a few Northeast places still in play. I'm holding out hope for something cool like Platty or Wachusett. I'd be happy with another PA resort that I can day trip to. This will most likely be my only pass product this season.

deadheadskier

Staff member
We'll, they did lose one Northeast Ski Area today. Mt. Abram in Maine dropped out.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app
That's disappointing. I'm buying an Indy Pass this year to pair with Epic. Abram is a favorite

Maybe because they were the only mountain in Maine they didn't see much Indy Pass activity last year?

I'd also like to see Shawnee in Maine on that pass. Saddleback seems like a no brainier as well

Sent from my motorola one action using AlpineZone mobile app

Cobbold

That's disappointing. I'm buying an Indy Pass this year to pair with Epic. Abram is a favorite

Maybe because they were the only mountain in Maine they didn't see much Indy Pass activity last year?

I'd also like to see Shawnee in Maine on that pass. Saddleback seems like a no brainier as well

Picked up my Indy pass today, I was #1899, so it seems sales were good today, Mt Abram dropping off has little effect on me, I have never skied Maine, was hoping Bousquet would join or west Mtn in New York.

Killingtime

I wouldn't count on Saddleback being on the Indy Pass this year. Some people were asking on Instagram and they replied that the numbers just didn't work for them at this time. Not sure why they would turn away an average of $48 per visit plus getting people to try the place out. Maybe there are upfront programming or set-up costs that they didn't want to eat this year. Hopefully someone with more insight can explain. Anyway, I almost expect Bousquet to be on it before the season starts.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I don't know of the cost structure for mountains to join Indy. I just think Saddleback should do everything they can to drive traffic this upcoming season. The test drive pass certainly does that. I bought one. But having other options such as Indy makes sense to me.

xwhaler

I'm hopeful that they can pick up one/more of the mtns that Doug Fish visited in the spring on his Eastern recruiting tour (MRG, Smuggs, Gunstock, Shawnee Peak)
Other indy's that feel like they make sense include Tenney, Waterville, Middlebury, Whaleback, BMOM

Cobbold

I'm hopeful that they can pick up one/more of the mtns that Doug Fish visited in the spring on his Eastern recruiting tour (MRG, Smuggs, Gunstock, Shawnee Peak)
Other indy's that feel like they make sense include Tenney, Waterville, Middlebury, Whaleback, BMOM

I hear without the Covid 19 issues, madriver Glen would be all in

thebigo

Like many, I am looking for some sort of alternative if blocked out by vail on busy saturdays. Losing Abram sucks, Black is a nice offering but cannot justify the cost for Black alone. Shawnee or BMOM would be nice adds. I dont know how busy they get but king pine would be another.

May just attempt to pre-purchase black tickets if they are reasonably priced.

Glade Monkey

If you ski in Maine a lot, then the Ski Maine pass is a great deal. Two tickets to almost every alpine place for $525
2 vouchers to each of the following: Bigrock, Big Squaw, Black Mountain of Maine, Camden Snow Bowl, Hermon Mountain, Lost Valley, Mt. Abram, Shawnee Peak, Sugarloaf, Sunday River, Titcomb and back again this season, Saddleback
You will receive 2 vouchers that can be used at either Baker Mountain, Lonesome Pine Trails or Quoggy Jo.
You will receive 2 vouchers that can be used at either Powderhouse Hill or Spruce Mountain.

All vouchers have NO BLACKOUT dates and are transferable to any individual.
https://skimaine.com/store/201920-ski-maine-mountain-pass/

2planks2coasts

It would be awesome to see Shawnee Peak on Indy. My fave little Maine Mountain. Not sure Tenney is going to be around this winter. I emailed them a couple weeks ago about pass pricing and never heard back. I hope they are, as it's 20 minutes from my seasonal rental in Campton. They would be a great addition to Indy as well. I keep holding out hope that Indy will snag small resorts in both CO and Tahoe. The addition of those two regions would mean a quantum leap in recognition and likely sales for an already great product.

machski

Not sure, but I know their new Mountain Bike park has been a hit this summer. They are doing some great things over there so maybe they decided to go it alone based on the summer exposure? Will have to wait and see.

Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app

2planks2coasts

It would be awesome to see Shawnee Peak on Indy. My fave little Maine Mountain. Not sure Tenney is going to be around this winter. I emailed them a couple weeks ago about pass pricing and never heard back. I hope they are, as it's 20 minutes from my seasonal rental in Campton. They would be a great addition to Indy as well. I keep holding out hope that Indy will snag small resorts in both CO and Tahoe. The addition of those two regions would mean a quantum leap in recognition and likely sales for an already great product.

Sorry to quote myself, but wanted to let folks know I heard from Tenney via FB today and they ARE planning on being open this winter.