• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Indy Ski Pass

Jully

The guy that's putting it together I think is hoping to have some east coast stuff. That's not the final list of resorts at all.

bushpilot

bushpilot

Found it on the page I linked above:

Organizers have begun outreach to the Midwest, Northeast and Canadian markets to round out the offering. Eighty-five percent of pass revenue will be split among partner resorts based on total redemptions, with 9 percent allocated to marketing the pass and developing a national brand, and the remainder to cover admin and other costs.

2planks2coasts

it already exists, although not exclusive to the east coast

http://freedompass.ski/

Not quite. Freedom Pass is a perk added on to a regular season pass. Kind of an eastern version of the Powder Alliance (the two should really merge already!) This pass is closer in nature to the Mountain Collective. A limited number of days at each participating resort, but no season pass purchase required.

KustyTheKlown

If they can get places like platty, smuggs, mad, magic, etc involved here, it could be quite cool

Killingtime

Found it on the page I linked above:

Organizers have begun outreach to the Midwest, Northeast and Canadian markets to round out the offering. Eighty-five percent of pass revenue will be split among partner resorts based on total redemptions, with 9 percent allocated to marketing the pass and developing a national brand, and the remainder to cover admin and other costs.

Hopefully they throw in the NYS ORDA resorts the way the Max Pass did. Gore was terrific.

abc

Hopefully they throw in the NYS ORDA resorts the way the Max Pass did. Gore was terrific.
I wonder how the mountains in the MAX pass worked out in those years it existed.

It was really good for some of us skier. And it didn't cause too much excessive crowding to any of the mountains. But we on the outside don't know if the mountains benefited from such kind of "shared pass".

If Epic worked, and Ikon works, it maybe something that independents should copy. Some upfront guarantee and some profit sharing...

benski

Not quite. Freedom Pass is a perk added on to a regular season pass. Kind of an eastern version of the Powder Alliance (the two should really merge already!) This pass is closer in nature to the Mountain Collective. A limited number of days at each participating resort, but no season pass purchase required.

Mcintyre has $250 Adult passes which are the cheapest way onto the freedom pass, excluding Whale back, which is not on sale yet. So the requirement to buy a season pass is adding little if any premium.

BTW purgatory, one of the freedom pass resorts has a 6 pack, 2 express quads, and a bunch of condos at the base.

snoseek

Mcintyre has $250 Adult passes which are the cheapest way onto the freedom pass, excluding Whale back, which is not on sale yet. So the requirement to buy a season pass is adding little if any premium.

BTW purgatory, one of the freedom pass resorts has a 6 pack, 2 express quads, and a bunch of condos at the base.

Just looked it up. You could put together a proper new mexico/Colorado ski safari with this and have a blast. Purgatory, sunlight, pajarito (this place is great!) and cooper. I got these places and a ton more on my Powderhorn pass for 279...this place is my goto destination when the storms hit and I get tired of the crowds and need a couple chill tree days.

As passionate skiers we all need to support the local mountains to keep the lifts spinning.

2planks2coasts

You make a valid point. I'm not sure though, how many non locals are gonna research such things enough to buy a Mcintyre or other cheap season pass. The addition of the Mountain Capital Partners resorts really fleshes out the Freedom Pass. Last year their only western resorts were Cooper and EagleCrest. Purgatory is a legit destination, while the others are heaps of fun for a couple days each.

I opted for a Loveland Pass this season to get Powder Alliance and numerous other partners (including Purgatory and affiliates) knowing that it didn't have any eastern partners. It's been the best $400ish I've ever spent (after having a MAX pass in 17-18 ) but it did mean my eastern days this year have all been liftopia tickets or other specials. May have to add a Mcintyre pass next year to balance it out a bit.

Regardless, I wish the indy pass well and should it end up as a MAX pass type product with the ORDA resorts, I might throw one in the basket and give a couple as gifts.

p_levert

Just checked out indyskipass.com. Not bad, there are now 24 ski areas. My analysis:

1. If you live in Spokane, this pass is awesome with access to White Pass, Mission Ridge, 49° North, Hoodoo, Silver Mtn and Brundage. Also pretty decent if you live in Seattle or Portland.

2. Also a very good pass if you live in Milwaukee with 4 Wisconsin ski areas, along with 2 in Michigan UP and one in Minnesota.

3. It's a decent pass for the NE with Bolton, Berkshire East and Catamount. Not great, but you should be able to pay off the pass.

They should sell at least a few of these. I do hope additional areas get added.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as someone who is now 60+, couldn't I buy a Yawgoo (don't laugh) "Senior Pass" for $99 for the upcoming season and then add on the $199 Freedom Pass? That would get you access to the FP areas for a total of $298?

p_levert

This thread is about the Indy Pass, which is completely standalone. The Freedom Pass is a free add-on to season passes. I dunno, but I believe that your $99 senior pass at Yawgoo gives you the Freedom Pass at no charge.

Smellytele

Maybe by 9/1 a few more New England ones will be added to make it worth it. Although I could hit 3 of them - pats, Bolton and magic. It would only be 33.33 a visit.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone