Wst 3/23-24 - Page 7

AlpineZone

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Wst 3/23-24

Latest from NWS forecast for Sugarbush....could be a lot of snow with a lot of wind

Tonight
    Snow likely with a chance of light snow before 7pm, then snow, mainly after 7pm. Low around 31. Windy, with a south wind 26 to 30 mph, with gusts as high as 47 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Friday
    Snow. High near 32. Windy, with an east wind 24 to 34 mph becoming east 8 to 13 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

Friday Night
    Snow. Low around 18. Wind chill values as low as -3. Very windy, with a northwest wind 37 to 42 mph increasing to 43 to 48 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 60 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.

Saturday
    Snow, mainly before 1pm, then a chance of snow showers after 1pm. High near 24. Very windy, with a northwest wind 44 to 49 mph decreasing to 36 to 41 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 65 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Planker View Post
    Gonna be a bust for the White's. Rain all day Friday, change to a lil snow overnight, then back to rain Sat am.
    Winds will pick up overnight, and be honkin' all day Sat into Sun morning...

Will probably bail this weekend, BUT might get to take the convertible out for the first time on Sunday
    Look again, Sunday may be a really nice day with 6-10" at Cannon, sun and low wind. I'm definitely planning on heading out.
    Live for today

Damn..drive Friday night into a snowstorm or saturday morning..into a snowstorm. Saturday looking better..at least it won't be...dark.
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Quote Originally Posted by andrec10 View Post
    You are all welcome! Heading to Puerto Rico Saturday morning....
    My main ski buddy is in the same situation

Quote Originally Posted by tnt1234 View Post
    Weather.com has Bell at 2-6" friday. Smurf thing?

Hunter is showing 5-8".

If I can make this work, might try the new terrain at Hunter...

Who does better in the wind? Bell or Hunter?
    From what I am seeing Plattekill looks to be getting more than the other Cats areas. And those Hall lifts are ALMOST impervious to wind.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    From what I am seeing Plattekill looks to be getting more than the other Cats areas. And those Hall lifts are ALMOST impervious to wind.
    That would be my first choice, but it's 20 minutes further, and I have to be home by 5.

Bell and Hunter are 3 each way. That's as far as i can manage. Leave at 5:30, on the mountain by 9, ski till 2....

Ugh. Lots of driving, but seems like it might be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by kingslug View Post
    Damn..drive Friday night into a snowstorm or saturday morning..into a snowstorm. Saturday looking better..at least it won't be...dark.
    Definitely drive Saturday morning.

Into a snowstorm, yes. In the daylight, yes. Arrive just as wind hold clears, YES!
    Last edited by abc; Mar 21, 2019 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tnt1234 View Post
    That would be my first choice, but it's 20 minutes further, and I have to be home by 5.

Bell and Hunter are 3 each way. That's as far as i can manage. Leave at 5:30, on the mountain by 9, ski till 2....

Ugh. Lots of driving, but seems like it might be worth it.
    Check this out for windhold:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    What are the odds Plattekill over performs on snowfall? Trail cams look a bit rough
    "Make Greenland Green again"

Quote Originally Posted by kingslug View Post
    We are in the same boat. Can't leave until Sat morning. Will I be risking my life?

Thread Information