• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wst 3/23-24

Hawk

On my way to Aspen for 5 days tomorrow. Happens every time.....Enjoy it

Meanwhile the chances for a dump at Aspen that appeared likely early in the week have now evaporated....this too happens every time I go out west...sure the skiing will still be good though.

Sent from my SM-G892A using AlpineZone mobile app
Kleetus, Have fun and give me some Intel when you get back. I am headed out to Aspen on 4/4.

Kleetus

Kleetus, Have fun and give me some Intel when you get back. I am headed out to Aspen on 4/4.
Will do! Just boarded my flight post business meeting in SFO.

Initial report from my uncle who got out there today and skied this afternoon is it's good! I'll see for myself tomorrow to confirm :)

Sent from my SM-G892A using AlpineZone mobile app

WWF-VT

6 PM WCAX weather says:

Snow will continue Friday night, and it will continue into the first part of Saturday before tapering off in the afternoon as the storm system pulls away. It will be blustery Friday night and Saturday and turning colder.

We will be narrowing down expected snowfall over the next day as this system continues to evolve and transform. Right now, it looks like a couple of inches of wet snow could accumulate in the valleys, but there could be 6 to 10" or more in the higher elevations.

JimG.

Staff member
Killington Sunday. I'll miss the powder frenzy but the weather after the storm looks absolutely perfect.

I'll be there Mon Tues...I'll leave the weekend to others who really need the powder/sludge fix.

abc

I honestly don't think you'll miss a powder frenzy from this one. There will be snow, but powder it will not be.
Frankly, having endured the ice, skied-off, refrozen surfaces, I’ll gladly take fresh heavy wet cement “powder” over 2-3 day old set-up, chopped up “packed powder”!

tnt1234

catskills predictions please...that's the farthest north I can get Saturday.

Glenn

Winter Storm Watch issued for the Southern Greens. Possibly 7" or more of heavy wet snow. Gusts of 45mph possible Friday night into Saturday.

abc

Wind gust 40-50mph possible! :(

Bailing northern VT. But reserve the option for southern VT, if they get a decent amount.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Killington Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Gonna get all I can on Friday at Canyon/K1/North Ridge...could be tough to spin those Saturday AM and Sunday AM.

This wind isn't strong enough to be a total mountain closer anywhere...but will be a royal PIA.

tumbler

Wind speeds look to be diminishing later in the day Saturday...

tnt1234

1-3” as of now, I’m looking at bell but it’ll prob be a mad house between the snow and the smurf thing.

Weather.com has Bell at 2-6" friday. Smurf thing?

Hunter is showing 5-8".

If I can make this work, might try the new terrain at Hunter...

Who does better in the wind? Bell or Hunter?

2Planker

Gonna be a bust for the White's. Rain all day Friday, change to a lil snow overnight, then back to rain Sat am.
Winds will pick up overnight, and be honkin' all day Sat into Sun morning...

Will probably bail this weekend, BUT might get to take the convertible out for the first time on Sunday :smile:

Ol Dirty Noodle

Weather.com has Bell at 2-6" friday. Smurf thing?

Hunter is showing 5-8".

If I can make this work, might try the new terrain at Hunter...

Who does better in the wind? Bell or Hunter?

Smurf promo, come dressed as a smurf get a $48 lift ticket, there’s also the big air contest the same day