• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wst 3/23-24

tnt1234

Hmmm....actually gonna be near Mountain creek sunday afternoon.

Anyone been recently? I've never been there. Can't imagine it's real skiing, but looks like a warm sunny day. Might be fun for a few hours....

lerops

Have been in Utah skiing, tomorrow is Day 6 and heading back in the evening. Have been checking already for the weekend. This is just great!

The only question is if I just go to Catskills or drive to Stratton. I used all my K days on Ikon and I should not drive to Sugarbush for just two days. Or should I?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

cdskier

Mmmm... the drive could be a little... problematic? (if the amount forecast materialize)

Depends exactly what time you leave, but for the most part this appears to be a highly elevation dependent storm. Need to keep an eye on it, but my initial thoughts are most roads should be ok until snow levels drop Friday night.

Glenn

Things looking a bit better for SoVT Thursday night into Friday.

KustyTheKlown

my only concdrn for roads was driving from bristol to mad river on 17 on sat morning. we may audible to route 4>100. we are staying a few min north of rutland fridya night

HowieT2

Agreed. I drive there for 2 days nearly every weekend!

On second thought, no, stay home. It isn't worth it. Less crowds for me 8)

Same here and I can’t say I haven’t done it done for one day either.

abc

May bail on northern VT in favor of southern VT to avoid the horrendous road condition.

Also the wind on Saturday is a slight worry.

Skrn

Sugarbush vs Stratton should be an easy decision any given day, especially when there is snow

Have been in Utah skiing, tomorrow is Day 6 and heading back in the evening. Have been checking already for the weekend. This is just great!

The only question is if I just go to Catskills or drive to Stratton. I used all my K days on Ikon and I should not drive to Sugarbush for just two days. Or should I?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

kingslug

Hopefully Friday night is not too bad for the drive.. got the truck with good tires. Don't want to go up super early Saturday. Have to see.

Last edited:

Zand

Killington Sunday. I'll miss the powder frenzy but the weather after the storm looks absolutely perfect.

skiur

Hopefully Friday night is not too bad for the drive.. got the truck with good tires. Don't want to go up super early Saturday. Have to see.

By the looks of it the drive should be mainly through rain as the snow seems to be mostly above 2000'. Elevation will be key with this one.

xlr8r

Just booked 2 nights in Stowe for the weekend, hopefully no wind holds.

drjeff

By the looks of it the drive should be mainly through rain as the snow seems to be mostly above 2000'. Elevation will be key with this one.

Agree 100%! Staying "low" for the greatest amount of miles, wherever one chooses to go, will likely be much less stressful a drive in all likelihood than some of the higher elevation short cuts through mountain passes... Like of someone is going to Sugarbush/MRG and coming from the South and West up and over on 17 may require a change or 2 of one's underwear if this storm pans out vs the 7-89-100 or 4-100 options.....

Also the potential for one of those storms where the base to summit snowfall differential could easily be over 12" at multiple resorts

abc

I'm waiting for the up-to-date forecast from tomorrow morning's run. Rain vs snow on the road, wind, etc. I can still change plans up to tomorrow afternoon.