• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wst 3/23-24

tumbler

So it's money time of of year with longer days and deep snow depths. Now seeing some signs of a coastal storm for the end of the week with mtn snow through Saturday. Giddy up!

Glenn

I'm thinking Sunday for SoVT. Saturday will be firm after the mixed event on Thursday.

KustyTheKlown

Saturday will not be firm at least at points north. The gfs and weather.com are all calling for a 4-8” snow event Friday into Saturday. Wet and heavy, but snow.

This is the good weekend. Last weekend was the crap one.

I’ll be at mad river Saturday, then staying at the very chic Woodstock inn, killington Sunday

Silverton next weekend. Stoked. But annoyed that the road is closed and my two hour airport drive is now a 5 hour roundabout route

KustyTheKlown

That Stowe report is more optimistic than anything I’ve seen from more official sources, but the takeaway is that Friday is a snow day in the mountains, while valleys may see some liquid

drjeff

That Stowe report is more optimistic than anything I’ve seen from more official sources, but the takeaway is that Friday is a snow day in the mountains, while valleys may see some liquid

Latitude + elevation is going to be the make or break for ski country by the looks of this one

tumbler

And wet heavy snow will be perfect to stick to the steeper terrain that is now frozen solid.

slatham

It's gonna snow this weekend, probably a lot. Best storm since MLK? If for no other reason than I am not heading up.

KustyTheKlown

oooo baby the dot com updated the forecast for MRG to 6-13" friday>sat. huzzah!

i'm so glad i skipped last weekend. this weekend is gonna be righteous.

Handlebars

Models keep trending better for this weekend. Stay tuned, a lot of moving parts to this that all have to come together correctly for a big storm.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Whitey

Booked a 4 day trip to Burke & Jay Peak for this weekend about a month ago. Gonna ski Burke on Thursday and then Jay Fri-Sat-Sun. Pretty stoked about the late season storm.

The only thing that has me worried now is that the winds are supposed to be screaming on Friday and Saturday. Gonna really be a bummer if I am at Jay in a ski in/out condo with a foot of new but not leaving the condo because no lifts are spinning.

Dear God; I don't ask for much but if you could just keep the winds down on Friday and Saturday it would really be appreciated. Amen

NYDB

Booked a 4 day trip to Burke & Jay Peak for this weekend about a month ago. Gonna ski Burke on Thursday and then Jay Fri-Sat-Sun. Pretty stoked about the late season storm.

The only thing that has me worried now is that the winds are supposed to be screaming on Friday and Saturday. Gonna really be a bummer if I am at Jay in a ski in/out condo with a foot of new but not leaving the condo because no lifts are spinning.

Dear God; I don't ask for much but if you could just keep the winds down on Friday and Saturday it would really be appreciated. Amen

Bring the touring gear.

KustyTheKlown

oh yea we gots a stew goin...

The bombed-out Canadian maritime, stalled-out storm will quite literally open a highway for moisture starting at the Gulf of St Lawrence and ending over the Green Mountains. Many times, this turns out to be the most effective way to produce the epic powder in the northern Green's and those frequent occurrences very much separate out the northern and southern Green Mountains in the snow climatology department.

The strengthening low pressure area Friday will gradually help to cool the lower layers of the troposphere and turn any rain to snow across low lying areas and turn any wet snow to powdery snow across the high country. The period beginning late Friday and extending into Friday night appears to be solid gold. Consistent snow, some of it quite heavy, gusty north to northwest winds and gradually cooling temperatures. Friday morning's temperatures will likely remain in the middle 30's at the base, cool to near freezing by the afternoon and then drop into the 20's during the evening. By Saturday we should be looking at over 2 feet of mostly powder above the mid-station and a foot of the powdery stuff closer to the base.

Kleetus

On my way to Aspen for 5 days tomorrow. Happens every time.....Enjoy it

Meanwhile the chances for a dump at Aspen that appeared likely early in the week have now evaporated....this too happens every time I go out west...sure the skiing will still be good though.

Sent from my SM-G892A using AlpineZone mobile app

KustyTheKlown

colorado has recently gotten so much snow. just poke around the woods im sure it will be great. silverton for me next week.

tnt1234

Nice.

Furthest north I can get is Belleayre, and that's iffy.....dang it.

Spring is really conspiring against me. Haven't been to VT since february and it's kind of killing me.

But life has been full of ups and downs, so skiing has had to take a back seat.