Wst 3/23-24 - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 189

Thread: Wst 3/23-24

  1. #31

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley
    Posts
    3,544
    May bail on northern VT in favor of southern VT to avoid the horrendous road condition.

    Also the wind on Saturday is a slight worry.

  2. #32
    Sugarbush vs Stratton should be an easy decision any given day, especially when there is snow

    Quote Originally Posted by lerops View Post
    Have been in Utah skiing, tomorrow is Day 6 and heading back in the evening. Have been checking already for the weekend. This is just great!

    The only question is if I just go to Catskills or drive to Stratton. I used all my K days on Ikon and I should not drive to Sugarbush for just two days. Or should I?


    Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

  3. #33
    kingslug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Stamford Ct and Stowe
    Posts
    4,780
    Hopefully Friday night is not too bad for the drive.. got the truck with good tires. Don't want to go up super early Saturday. Have to see.
    Last edited by kingslug; Mar 20, 2019 at 11:04 AM.
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

  4. #34
    Killington Sunday. I'll miss the powder frenzy but the weather after the storm looks absolutely perfect.
    2003-2004: 21; 2004-2005: 27; 2005-2006: 31; 2006-2007: 31; 2007-2008: 38; 2008-2009: 43; 2009-2010: 42; 2010-2011: 46; 2011-2012: 33; 2012-2013: 26 2013-14: 18; 2014-15: 17; 2015-16: 7; 2016-17: 14; 2017-18: 23; 2018-19

    2019-20 days - 7
    Wachusett: 11/15, 11/21, 12/5
    Stratton: 11/26; Mt. Snow: 12/3
    Killington: 12/8; Sunday River: 1/21

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by kingslug View Post
    Hopefully Friday night is not too bad for the drive.. got the truck with good tires. Don't want to go up super early Saturday. Have to see.
    By the looks of it the drive should be mainly through rain as the snow seems to be mostly above 2000'. Elevation will be key with this one.

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    the woods of greater-Waltham
    Posts
    607
    Are the Whites expected to get anything from this?

  7. #37
    kingslug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Stamford Ct and Stowe
    Posts
    4,780
    I'm going..driven through some of the worst storms ever...not that that didn't entail a spin or 2 but what the hell.
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

  8. #38
    Just booked 2 nights in Stowe for the weekend, hopefully no wind holds.


  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by skiur View Post
    By the looks of it the drive should be mainly through rain as the snow seems to be mostly above 2000'. Elevation will be key with this one.
    Agree 100%! Staying "low" for the greatest amount of miles, wherever one chooses to go, will likely be much less stressful a drive in all likelihood than some of the higher elevation short cuts through mountain passes... Like of someone is going to Sugarbush/MRG and coming from the South and West up and over on 17 may require a change or 2 of one's underwear if this storm pans out vs the 7-89-100 or 4-100 options.....

    Also the potential for one of those storms where the base to summit snowfall differential could easily be over 12" at multiple resorts
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

    '19 - '20 season:

    November: 16.17,23,29,30 (Mount Snow)
    December: 1,7,14,15,21,26,27,28,29,30 (Mount Snow) 16 (Mount Southington) 22 (Okemo) 31 (Berkshire East)
    January: 1,4,5,11,12,18,19,20,25,26 (Mount Snow) 6,13,23 (Mount Southington)

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley
    Posts
    3,544
    I'm waiting for the up-to-date forecast from tomorrow morning's run. Rain vs snow on the road, wind, etc. I can still change plans up to tomorrow afternoon.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 9:11 PM.