• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wst 3/23-24

drjeff

For anyone heading up 91 from the CT area this evening, as of about 5:30, it's currently dry roads and 43 degrees on my car thermometer in the Northampton area. Easy ride until you get what looks to be roughly 1/2 way up VT or start climbing up into the spine of the Greens

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

cdskier

100 was clear to sugarbush. No issues with roads so far. Snowing in sugarbush but was barely a flurry on 100 south of Granville.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

tnt1234

I was at Belle Mon and Tues; after skiing the trees there for the past 2 weeks before that the woods were really burned out and naturals were toast as well. They lost at least a foot of base in the warmth and rain last week.
Not sure this event is going to make the trees this far south great unless you use your rock skis and even then watch out for snow snakes. And be prepared to duck ropes.
That said the bumps on Mon and Tues were icy; it did snow about 2" Tues which freshened things up but you will need edges so throw a fresh tune in with your rock skis.

Well, then I’ll be happy if they open cathedral brook. Or if there are soft bumps. Thanks for the heads up.

tumbler

Drive to SB was easy. No snow then little bit at end. Dry slot was perfect timing. Found traffic lighter than normal too.

Kleetus

Just want to supplement even though I'm not back east. Today turned the tables. 8" of fresh from 9-4 today. Snowmass skied great. Highlands tomorrow.

Enjoy the pow tomorrow! I'll be happy to collect the leftovers after this weekend when I get back after today!
In Aspen now and while they have a ton of snow. Everything with a south or east exposure is cooked freeze/thaw pretty good. Other exposures are hardpack including most of the woods I poked around in yesterday at Snowmass.

Although skiing is good, not soft until they get more snow at least here. Unfortunately doesn't look like I'll be getting much of that while I'm here as the storms forecast for past few days are going south or east unless the temps warm up more than forecast as they are supposed to hang in the low to mid 30's with clouds.

Sent from my SM-G892A using AlpineZone mobile app
20190322_140749.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using AlpineZone mobile app

mulva

Normal 5.5 hour drive to K took 5.5 hours. Hope everyone made it to their destination safely. The next few days should be a very fun end of winter skiing in the NE. Ready for spring skiing starting next weekend :)

kingslug

That got sporty about 100 miles from stowe..snow all the way...blew past my hotel..so much for the 130 bucks but ide rather snooze in my own bed and get the early chair.
Gonna be a good one..

Last edited:

MommaBear

3 to 4" on the ground in central CT. Hoping that means lots more up north. Not finding any updates at this hour as we hit the road.

drjeff

3 to 4" on the ground in central CT. Hoping that means lots more up north. Not finding any updates at this hour as we hit the road.
The home hill says 8-10" total. Tough to tell with the winds that have been blowing all night long.. My walkway when I shoveled a little while ago (and I cleared it about 7PM last night when I arrived) had anywhere from 2 feet in a drift to 0" where it was more wind exposed!!

And the home hill is where the Weather Channel is doing some live shots this morning!MVIMG_20190323_070137517.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

KustyTheKlown

Mad river skiing great. Single chair closed, but I’m hiking and getting deep first tracks every run. Shocked that it’s closed but I need the hike practice for silverton anyway

The Sneak

18” dense not wet snow at BW
John Graves glade run of the day. Pics later. No wind holds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk