• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wst 3/23-24

Ol Dirty Noodle

Bell got 12” of the heavy and it’s relatively empty here over, been making fresh tracks and burning my quads all day.... too bad my kore 93s are coming Tuesday, heard platekill is honoring any season pass tomorrow so I may call an audible and hit them up in the am

Glenn

For anyone heading up 91 from the CT area this evening, as of about 5:30, it's currently dry roads and 43 degrees on my car thermometer in the Northampton area. Easy ride until you get what looks to be roughly 1/2 way up VT or start climbing up into the spine of the Greens

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

If we didn't stop for gas in Deerfield,MA and Fliet O' Fish in Bratt...it would have been about a two hour drive door to door. Very smooth sailing, But our road is in full Mud Season mode. Welcome to the 5th season!

abc

Great day at Stratton!

Erhh, I mean half day, as I didn’t get there till 12:37. But great 2 1/2 hrs nonetheless!

Snow was dry and fliffy. Frequent refills by the wind.

I think I made the right call not going up last night. People on the chair said morning snow was wet and heavy. Not much fun. And as all but one of the upper mountain lift were on windhold, the line were insane. But by the time I showed up, the lines were gone, snow dried off...luckily me.

Last edited:

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Assume this is only single mountain passes?

Plattekill was great today. I love this mountain!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Amen ,,,Can't get over how polite everyone is . One of the locals decided to give me a tour and we went too far off the double chair ,had to walk back up to the double ....guy apologized 14 times LOL.

kingslug

Well..had to take the triple all day till 2..pretty much lapped 2 runs..hackets and hayride..insane line..all the wsy to the ski shop by the quad..but who cares..then 230 q uad opens..hit goat top go botom and liftline..got 4 runs in..quit at 4..8 hours out there..wind was insane..75 at the top..spruce never opened.. tomorrow will be a good one..early chair for sure

tnt1234

Bell got 12” of the heavy and it’s relatively empty here over, been making fresh tracks and burning my quads all day.... too bad my kore 93s are coming Tuesday, heard platekill is honoring any season pass tomorrow so I may call an audible and hit them up in the am

Wow - what a great day. Had about 3rd tracks on Yahoo, then Yahoo bump side with thigh deep drifts, cathedral brook was great, then when the gondi opened untouched powder on dot rebel. Peekamoose>esopus(sp?) was a blast....

Just a great great day....

tnt1234

Mad river skiing great. Single chair closed, but I’m hiking and getting deep first tracks every run. Shocked that it’s closed but I need the hike practice for silverton anyway

Hiking all the way up the single side?

tnt1234

Well..had to take the triple all day till 2..pretty much lapped 2 runs..hackets and hayride..insane line..all the wsy to the ski shop by the quad..but who cares..then 230 q uad opens..hit goat top go botom and liftline..got 4 runs in..quit at 4..8 hours out there..wind was insane..75 at the top..spruce never opened.. tomorrow will be a good one..early chair for sure

Hacketts is one of the great unsung trails at stowe.

tnt1234

Did everything open at Bell today?

Everything but a couple glades. Dream catcher is listed as closed. I never looked over there to see if it is poachable. Was having to much fun on the trails to even worry about it.

Glenn

Great day at Stratton!

Erhh, I mean half day, as I didn’t get there till 12:37. But great 2 1/2 hrs nonetheless!

Snow was dry and fliffy. Frequent refills by the wind.

I think I made the right call not going up last night. People on the chair said morning snow was wet and heavy. Not much fun. And as all but one of the upper mountain lift were on windhold, the line were insane. But by the time I showed up, the lines were gone, snow dried off...luckily me.

Sounds like you timed it right! Thanks for the update. Heading over there today.

lerops

Amen ,,,Can't get over how polite everyone is . One of the locals decided to give me a tour and we went too far off the double chair ,had to walk back up to the double ....guy apologized 14 times LOL.

Too funny. Was talking to a local this morning. Another came along and started telling this story. I showed him the post. It is a small world!

Ol Dirty Noodle

Conditions are awesome at belle today, gondolas been walk on for singles all day, temp rose fast though, I’m sweating my dick off out here

Glenn

Really good day on the hill at Stratton today. Conditions were really good late morning into early afternoon. Things got a little soft after that, but still good. Hit Kidderbrook Ravine for a little tree skiing. Comfortable temps, manageable crowds; a great day to be outdoors.

Speaking of the other kind of trees....lots of folks lighting up out in the open these past few weekends.

Cornhead

Anyone hit platty today? I was tempted to but laziness and convenience won out at 8am today
Yes, it was awesome, both today, and yesterday. Half price with BOGO Saturday, free with my Greek pass today, season's pass holder day. A hell of a lot of great skiing for $37.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using AlpineZone mobile app