• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Fat Lady Thread 2019

Cornhead

A friend of a friend works at GP. He told him it was in the works. When I bought my pass I inquired about the Freedom Pass, and the girl who took my order read of a list of perks. There's a discussion about GP on the NYSB forum under Greek Conditions. If Greek can stay viable without the crowds they used to get, I'm good with that. Skiing weekends 15 years ago was a lot like going to an amusement park, lift corrals, usually at least a five minute wait, another seven to get to the top, about a minute to get down. They haven't had corrals in years. The biggest issue at Greek is the ancient, for the most part, lift system. There were plenty of issues this season.
Cornhead, how did you hear about this stuff? It's not on Greek Peak's website.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using AlpineZone mobile app

Cornhead

Sunlight is an awesome old school place near Glenwood Springs (and north of Aspen). You would love it. Sunlight is to Aspen as Magic is to Stratton. Planning to hit it again next year for a non-Ikon day.

Missed out on a Hesperus night skiing power day (night). Needed to get to Silverton and there was a threat of road closure. Had to drive right past it too, still pissed about that. Purgatory is a great though, it's one of those 4 o'clock powder places.

Though of you at Camelback the other day when I saw somebody with a Snow Ridge ticket. Pretty sure it wasn't you though. Kids had already gone down, so wasn't able to wait and see.
Thanks Jay, I figured if anyone had Intel on these places, it'd be you! No, it wasn't me, but I did ski Camelback for the first time Saturday. Season pass holders weekend. Had a great time, 100% open in late March, impressive for such a southerly hill. Thanks for the input. Maybe I'll head to CO next season. My kid is living in Boulder. I was considering going out this spring and buying another Abasin season's pass, but maybe I'll just wait and use these days.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using AlpineZone mobile app