• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Fat Lady Thread 2019

jg17

JF says they're open this week, I'm assuming that means through the weekend. BB has moved to Fri-Sun only.

I was worried that Hunter had scheduled their pond skim for April 7, but this week's storm sure helped. I think they're in good shape to have most of main face and northside open for 2-3 more weeks.

abc

The fat lady can sing all she wants. Many of us are dancing to different tune. ;)

See this week’s wst thread. Many are getting the goods as far south as the Cats! :) :) :)

tamedog

dang, I haven't been to creek in over a decade. glad to hear they're still open and that it was a fun time!

jaytrem

Checked the dates on some pics, I skied Big Boulder on April 14th last year. So there is a good chance they'll at least be open on the weekends for a bit longer.

TyWebb

Checked the dates on some pics, I skied Big Boulder on April 14th last year. So there is a good chance they'll at least be open on the weekends for a bit longer.

Fat Lady is warming up in Pa

Elk Mountain Ski Resort Inc.
10 mins ·

Elk Mountain will reopen for skiing and snowboarding on Friday March 29 and Saturday March 30 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday March 30 will be the closing day of the season. Thank you for a great season and have a wonderful summer!

Blue Mountain Resort
20 mins ·

You spoke & we listened! Closing Day & Pond Skim will be moved to Saturday, 3/30. We're looking at a beautiful day on the mountain, so let's close out the season with a great celebration!

cdskier

It pains me to say this with how deep the snow is, but Mt Ellen's last weekend is scheduled for this weekend.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Attitash closes end of March almost every year. Occasionally they extend an additional weekend, but with the triple down this year I highly doubt they will. It would be a nice gesture to all the pass holders they have screwed this year by continuing to stand by that garbage lift.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Newpylong

They'll be pulling new pipe up for Moat and Cathedral when the lifts close soon. Wish it was new lift towers instead...

WinS

It pains me to say this with how deep the snow is, but Mt Ellen's last weekend is scheduled for this weekend.

Yes, But LP is scheduled everyday through Sunday 4/28 and then reopen a final weekend 5/4 & 5/5

Cornhead

Greek Peak's last day was today. I drove through pouring rain to get there today. Questioned my sanity, but no rain at the hill, a few flurries late morning. They waited til morning to groom, smart move. I skied behind the groomer my first run. Everything stayed soft and sweet til the temps dropped into the thirties, then things became much firmer.

I purchased next season's pass today. There are some nice perks in the upcoming season. One free Holiday Valley weekday. A discount at Mad River. A couple days at West Mountain. And the biggie, Greek has joined the Freedom Pass. So 3 days each, Plattekill, Bolton Valley, and Magic, sweet. Also Purgatory, Cooper, Hesperus, and Sunlight in Colorado Never heard of the last two. Anyone ever been?

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using AlpineZone mobile app

mlkrgr

Wachusett's last day is April 7th (closed midweek and reopening 4/5,6,7). Yesterday, the Polar area was decent and will make it one more week with some snow pushing. Monadnock side was almost shot and will probably melt off in large part during the week.

jaytrem

Also Purgatory, Cooper, Hesperus, and Sunlight in Colorado Never heard of the last two. Anyone ever been?

Sunlight is an awesome old school place near Glenwood Springs (and north of Aspen). You would love it. Sunlight is to Aspen as Magic is to Stratton. Planning to hit it again next year for a non-Ikon day.

Missed out on a Hesperus night skiing power day (night). Needed to get to Silverton and there was a threat of road closure. Had to drive right past it too, still pissed about that. Purgatory is a great though, it's one of those 4 o'clock powder places.

Though of you at Camelback the other day when I saw somebody with a Snow Ridge ticket. Pretty sure it wasn't you though. Kids had already gone down, so wasn't able to wait and see.

p_levert

I purchased next season's pass today. There are some nice perks in the upcoming season. One free Holiday Valley weekday. A discount at Mad River. A couple days at West Mountain. And the biggie, Greek has joined the Freedom Pass. So 3 days each, Plattekill, Bolton Valley, and Magic, sweet. Also Purgatory, Cooper, Hesperus, and Sunlight in Colorado

Cornhead, how did you hear about this stuff? It's not on Greek Peak's website.