Fat Lady Thread 2019 - Page 5

AlpineZone

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornhead View Post
    Also Purgatory, Cooper, Hesperus, and Sunlight in Colorado Never heard of the last two. Anyone ever been?
    Sunlight is an awesome old school place near Glenwood Springs (and north of Aspen). You would love it. Sunlight is to Aspen as Magic is to Stratton. Planning to hit it again next year for a non-Ikon day.

Missed out on a Hesperus night skiing power day (night). Needed to get to Silverton and there was a threat of road closure. Had to drive right past it too, still pissed about that. Purgatory is a great though, it's one of those 4 o'clock powder places.

Though of you at Camelback the other day when I saw somebody with a Snow Ridge ticket. Pretty sure it wasn't you though. Kids had already gone down, so wasn't able to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornhead View Post
    I purchased next season's pass today. There are some nice perks in the upcoming season. One free Holiday Valley weekday. A discount at Mad River. A couple days at West Mountain. And the biggie, Greek has joined the Freedom Pass. So 3 days each, Plattekill, Bolton Valley, and Magic, sweet. Also Purgatory, Cooper, Hesperus, and Sunlight in Colorado
    Cornhead, how did you hear about this stuff? It's not on Greek Peak's website.

A friend of a friend works at GP. He told him it was in the works. When I bought my pass I inquired about the Freedom Pass, and the girl who took my order read of a list of perks. There's a discussion about GP on the NYSB forum under Greek Conditions. If Greek can stay viable without the crowds they used to get, I'm good with that. Skiing weekends 15 years ago was a lot like going to an amusement park, lift corrals, usually at least a five minute wait, another seven to get to the top, about a minute to get down. They haven't had corrals in years. The biggest issue at Greek is the ancient, for the most part, lift system. There were plenty of issues this season.
    Quote Originally Posted by p_levert View Post
    Cornhead, how did you hear about this stuff? It's not on Greek Peak's website.
    Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using AlpineZone mobile app

Leave no turn unstoned!

Quote Originally Posted by jaytrem View Post
    Sunlight is an awesome old school place near Glenwood Springs (and north of Aspen). You would love it. Sunlight is to Aspen as Magic is to Stratton. Planning to hit it again next year for a non-Ikon day.

Missed out on a Hesperus night skiing power day (night). Needed to get to Silverton and there was a threat of road closure. Had to drive right past it too, still pissed about that. Purgatory is a great though, it's one of those 4 o'clock powder places.

Though of you at Camelback the other day when I saw somebody with a Snow Ridge ticket. Pretty sure it wasn't you though. Kids had already gone down, so wasn't able to wait and see.
    Thanks Jay, I figured if anyone had Intel on these places, it'd be you! No, it wasn't me, but I did ski Camelback for the first time Saturday. Season pass holders weekend. Had a great time, 100% open in late March, impressive for such a southerly hill. Thanks for the input. Maybe I'll head to CO next season. My kid is living in Boulder. I was considering going out this spring and buying another Abasin season's pass, but maybe I'll just wait and use these days.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using AlpineZone mobile app
    Leave no turn unstoned!

Thread Information